Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blackberry pearl 8100 t-mobile 4.2.1.107 Las Vegas, NV SMS TXTING or Anykind of typing for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DraKo no está en línea Stack level 1

probs with 8100 multi-tap on os .100 and up

Advertisement

blackberry pearl 8100
    t-mobile
    Las Vegas, NV
    SMS TXTING or Anykind of typing for that matter

Everything has been working fine since i got my pearl...the only problem i have been having is since the .100 or the 101 update and up i have been having this problem that when I am typing out a sms message or even trying to type out an address or web page, pretty much when i try to type anything, i dont use suretype or what ever so i have to hit the letter twice to get the other letter to come up and more often than not it will type the same letter over and over instead of the second letter i was trying to get. for instance if I was trying to type the word "pearl" it would come out like this "ooeaeel" in stead of pearl. Anyone else havin the same problem or is it just me? Do i need to change a setting or something, because I never had this problem with the older os on it. The only reason I updated is because I have a 4g microSD memory card. Can anyone please explain???

Re: probs with 8100 multi-tap on os .100 and up

while im here there is one more problem i am having with my DM 4.2. When I open it up everything is there except my APP LOADER. So I reinstall it and its there untill i close it, then its gone again cant load anything with my pc because of this....anyone know the solution or anything?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I just posted the answer to your question. There is no fix for the multitap issue as far as I know.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Erica is correct, until RIM fixes it I don't think there is a solution. You can do two things for now one is to downgrade to an OS that doesn't have this issue or start using suretype. Sorry for the bad news.

Good luck

SysCrusher no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't have this problem with mine.? I love multitap. I have .107 on my pearl amd used just about every version with no problems with multitap.

ok thanks for the info guys....i love this forum....best one ive ever been on...you get actual help...

keyper no está en línea Stack level 1

Drako, I'm a Tmobile Rep for the Blackberry Que. This has not reached the known issues section as of yet and I have not talked to anyone having this problem either so I would go as far as to say you are in the minority of people experiencing this issue. I would try to reload the OS, try using the advanced options which removes all installed application data, and of course make an automatic backup/restore so you keep all your information. See if that works, or check out the options for the keypad to see if you can change the repeat rate for the key press. If the phone is timing out between the pressing of the key to get the second letter, that can also be a possible reason you are having that problem.

Good luck

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

keyper, I have read of several pps w/ multi tap issue on .107, that's what keeps me from upgrading.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Quote Originally Posted by keyper
    Drako, I'm a Tmobile Rep for the Blackberry Que. This has not reached the known issues section as of yet and I have not talked to anyone having this problem either so I would go as far as to say you are in the minority of people experiencing this issue. I would try to reload the OS, try using the advanced options which removes all installed application data, and of course make an automatic backup/restore so you keep all your information. See if that works, or check out the options for the keypad to see if you can change the repeat rate for the key press. If the phone is timing out between the pressing of the key to get the second letter, that can also be a possible reason you are having that problem.

Good luck

I have upgraded and downgraded and back up again and backed up I have done everything u have mentioned and still does it...I notice that when I go to double tap it, it does the first letter and real fast does the same letter, it doesn't have that short pause like it normally would between letters...

heysoos04 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have been having this same problem, i thought there might have been something wrong with my phone cause i bought it used, but it does have .107 loaded on it, im gonna try loading an older firmware and see what that does.

Quote Originally Posted by heysoos04
    i have been having this same problem, i thought there might have been something wrong with my phone cause i bought it used, but it does have .107 loaded on it, im gonna try loading an older firmware and see what that does.
    for me anything before .100 works fine but .100 and up seems to have the multi-tap problem....... so ANNOYING! lol

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

That's right Drako, the rub is.....Do I downgrade and get the call delay problem or keep this .107 vrs and throw the sob, because of the multi tap issue.
    My question is what is RIM doing with all the $$$ they make? They don't seem to give a *&/# about the existing customers. Seems to me they would test this b4 they make us the guinea pig's.
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    That's right Drako, the rub is.....Do I downgrade and get the call delay problem or keep this .107 vrs and throw the sob, because of the multi tap issue.
    My question is what is RIM doing with all the $$$ they make? They don't seem to give a *&/# about the existing customers. Seems to me they would test this b4 they make us the guinea pig's.
    True true...or they are more concerned bout all the newer models coming out...why don't they just work on making a flawless os then just update the firmwire as we go? Or is it just easier said than done?

Thirstee no está en línea Stack level 2

I am on TMO and had to drop to cingular .73 to get around the dropped call and multitap issues. Drives me crazy. I didint call in because i have seen SOOO many people complaining. How it hasn't made it as an issue. Even others here working for tmo said multitap was part of the internal testing for .107 before it was released. so what gives?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Not putting you down, Keeper but why don't you guy's monitor these forums? Maybe u do, but I noticed u have 7 post count???
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast