Hi all I'm desperately trying to install Viigo beta to my Pearl 8120 but when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wembley99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Probs downloading Viigo

Advertisement

Hi all

I'm desperately trying to install Viigo beta to my Pearl 8120 but when I go to the getviigo /beta site I don't find any link to actually download.

Tried first via BB browser then gave it a go via Opera Mini. On Opera I found the missing link but when I tried to download it just failed.

Anyone else get the link via BB browser? Got everything enabled that needs be, java script etc.

Getting frustrated and on the brink of taking out my frustration on the dog. Well, maybe I would if I had one.

Haylp!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Viigo beta was limited to a certain number. That may be your problem. Can you download/install the "regular" Viigo release and use that until a new release comes out?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

No that's not the prob. I'm signed up as a beta tester and already have the earlier version.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    You can get the beta here: www.viigo.com/beta. A friend downloaded the beta one from there yesterday.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by jblackfish; 09-11-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    You can get the beta here: www.viigo.com/beta. A friend downloaded the beta one from there yesterday.

---

--HeavyC.
    Sorry Heavy, I meant to "quote" you and I "edited" you instead. Fixing it now.

If you signed up a beta tester it should be there (where Heavy says.) I signed up too and I just downloaded it an hour ago.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    It's cool black.

---

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Figured it now. Somehow my browser configuration had changed to emulate mode of Internet Explorer.

Changed it back to blackberry and the page loaded properly.

Now next question is how do my browser configuration change in the first place!?!?!?

jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250edab5
    Hi Wembley - you should definitely be able to download the beta, so two quick trouble shooting items come to mind:

1) Ensure that you have images turned on, as the download button is actually a .jpg.
    2) See image below (ensure you're clicking the active download button).

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wembley99 View Post
    .......................... Now next question is how do my browser configuration change in the first place!?!?!?
    Browser configuration doesn't change on its own as far as I know. There are several settings but Blackberry is the right one under normal circumstances with a data plan. The Microsoft IE setting is used if you're wi-fi and without a data plan to allow browsing via wi-fi only. Maybe your BB is haunted. (kidding.) Have fun with Viigo.

assdee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Were you able to use Viigo on Wi-Fi without data plan? Will it work?