When I'm typing in certain words, my Pearl seems to have learned weird first choices ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rachaeltb no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with SureType

Advertisement

When I'm typing in certain words, my Pearl seems to have learned weird first choices & isn't adjusting to the words I want. For example, if I want to type the word "at," it always chooses St or At first, regardless of whether it's the beginning of a sentence. And usually, if I try to type "by" it types NY. It's been doing this for awhile, even though I keep choosing "at" and by." I'm sure there are other examples I can't think of right now. Does anyone know why it might be doing this, or how I can fix it? Thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    That is just how SureType starts off learning. My 8100 still does that. Keep practicing and it will get better. If you have the 8110, 8120 or 8130, you can go into the spell checking application and correct the problem there.

aleano75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    i have that problem on occasion...i think that the more commonly used words appear first...i was using NY often awhile ago and now its back to using by as the first option...you can delete words out of your custom dictionary if you dont want them to show up anymore...hope this helps a bit...im not a berry genius...yet

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc
    teach it. I had the problem yesterday. Just keep typing and correcting it until it does it automatically. Then your problem is fixed. It is a little annoying but you can teach it to do what you need to.
    Gave up on Rogers! Went to Telus!

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I agree with the above, it is annoying at first but can easily be fixed. Mine always used to type minute for MN and I wanted that abbreviation for Minnesota. After teaching it what I wanted it was fixed but at first I was like WTF *@?!.
    Now I'm happy as a gopher in soft dirt! Lmaaao

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Each time you type an odd word that is not recognized by sure type, usually a mistake, the custom dictionary picks it up and saves it.

I find that I do a clean up of my custom dictionary about once a month to get those words out.

To do so go to options>custom dictionary and then select the misspelled word or odd word that you don't need to use anymore and delete it. Hope this helps
    Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc
    Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    I agree with the above, it is annoying at first but can easily be fixed. Mine always used to type minute for MN and I wanted that abbreviation for Minnesota. After teaching it what I wanted it was fixed but at first I was like WTF *@?!.
    Now I'm happy as a gopher in soft dirt! Lmaaao

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    For that problem with MN check your Auto Text. There is an entry there for that.
    Gave up on Rogers! Went to Telus!