So I've had my Pearl since sometime around August and I haven't really had any ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pazzesco no está en línea Stack level 1

problems with Pearl, not related to I don't know how to do X =(

Advertisement

So I've had my Pearl since sometime around August and I haven't really had any problems and have thoroughly enjoyed the phone, for the most part. I never really had the problem with the phone never ringing, I think because I got the case w/ the clip that they had for it..which some ppl seem to be having problems with here. Regardless, about 2 weeks ago I turned my phone on full power off for the first time and I don't know if the was the trigger, (I seriously doubt it) but this event coincided with the beginning of my problems. It was probably more due to the fact that I think I had stopped using the case all the time, because I keep it in my pocket and is hard to get out before the call ends with the Pearl in the case. So, it wasn't a gradual process, it was pretty sudden: my phone erased my call history and stopped keeping it all together, as soon as someone calls boom whoever it was I better have gotten to the phone in time to see or they better have left a message; when I try to answer a call I usually get a rotating hour glass as soon as I hit the trackball to see who it is, an hour glass that doesn't go away until after the call has ended...in fact, I get this hour glass whenever I try to do a lot of things ...like open my address book or scroll up and down it or do just about anything involving using my phone at all; and then as a seemingly random occurrence, my phone will bring me a message saying something most often to the effect of, uncaught exception....something about something trying to be parented with something that is already parented with a program or....something....the hourglass rotating tends to obscure the majority of the message :cry:....so, I think that is the full list of my problems...if anyone can help me that would make me so so happy, because the Blackberry Pearl just can't be insured as of this time :cry: and I would really like to actually be able to use my phone

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: problems with Pearl, not related to I don't know how to do X =(

sounds like you need to update your OS??

what version are you running?

options/about
    third line down...

jiggahertz no está en línea Stack level 1

How much available memory do you have? Did you try doing a hard reset? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pazzesco no está en línea Stack level 1

how do I update my OS? As to version, the third line down says: v4.2.0.73 (Platform 2.2.0.41) and how do I check the available memory? ALthough I haven't hardly downloaded or put anything on there, so I should hope that it is not lack of memory...though it really is acting like it is low on memory...it is so slow -.- and I don't know how to do a hard reset =(

glindagb no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem. Do you have a memory card? move all of your ringtones, pictures, and music to the memory card, make sure there is nothing in the device memory. Also make sure all of your old emails & texts are erased. once I did that my problems got better. Do also make sure you have the updated software.