Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ever since I upgraded to the latest bb os version, I have a problem connecting ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Problems with Pearl and internet

Advertisement

Ever since I upgraded to the latest bb os version, I have a problem connecting bb's browser and with jive talk. I did notice that my apn settings werent set but I also knew you didnt need it for the bb browser or email. Jivetalk did work without the apn being set btw, and now it is not nor is the bb browser. I just set the apn, took out battery and resend books. Anyone know whats going on with my bb?

Re: Problems with Pearl and internet

I resent books and am getting my emails, but browser is still stuck and like times out.

"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later.

If the problem persists please contact your service provider"

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

do you have good service? and are you emulating your bb browser?

Bootsector no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFA3F

Have you tried using Opera Mini?
    PIN: 204CFA3F

I have "EDGE" service in capital letters. Opera also isnt working, and bb browser is still dead. Was working yesterday afternoon though. When you ask if I'm emulating bb, you mean in bb browser options? I had it at IE and put it back to bb. No difference. Do I need to specify some kind of ip or port settings?

PIN/ID
    204CFA3F

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc
    I have "EDGE" service in capital letters. Opera also isnt working, and bb browser is still dead. Was working yesterday afternoon though. When you ask if I'm emulating bb, you mean in bb browser options? I had it at IE and put it back to bb. No difference. Do I need to specify some kind of ip or port settings?
    You shouldn't have to. Have you thought about "Wiping" the handheld and starting over?

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsector
    You shouldn't have to. Have you thought about "Wiping" the handheld and starting over?
    What do you mean by wiping? :x

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

What do you mean by wiping? :x
    Menu, options, security options, menu, wipe handheld. THIS WILL ERASE ALL INFO ON THE PHONE. Make sure you backup to the pc first.

Try this prior to wiping the handhled. Menu, options, advanced options, host routing table, menu, register now. Once you recieve the registration message pull the battery with the phone on. Put back power up and test and if it still does not work call tmobile ask for Blackberry when the evil devil lady ( automated system, creepy as anything in my opinion) asks what you are calling about, ask the PDA rep to resend, and you have to be specific about this, the service books from RIM's site. Once they do reregister on the host routing table and test it out. Post back if you have questions.

So basically I called customer support as suggested, and they made me take out the sims card, battery and same thing. They took my phone on and off the network and then had me change my sims card to my friends sidekick and notced I got a network error on that. The customer support rep then suggested that I take my sims card to a local tmobile center to have my sims card tested as is could have gone bad. Off I go to a center, and they tested a sims card on my pearl and the browser worked. The conclusion they came up with was that if I was still getting emails, that the sims card is good. They need to do more technical analysis on the phone support side. I'm basically getting tossed around here. I did receive this message on a few of my email accounts sporadically "This email account is not currently accessible by you Blackberry device, so you may be experiencing a delay in email delivery. This issue may be caused by a temporary problem with your email provider. Blackberry internet service will continue attempting to access this account"

Anyone else getting this message, and any other suggestions before I call up tmobile and get more aggravated? tia

So basically I called customer support as suggested, and they made me take out the sims card, battery and same thing. They took my phone on and off the network and then had me change my sims card to my friends sidekick and notced I got a network error on that. The customer support rep then suggested that I take my sims card to a local tmobile center to have my sims card tested as is could have gone bad. Off I go to a center, and they tested a sims card on my pearl and the browser worked. The conclusion they came up with was that if I was still getting emails, that the sims card is good. They need to do more technical analysis on the phone support side. I'm basically getting tossed around here. I did receive this message on a few of my email accounts sporadically "This email account is not currently accessible by you Blackberry device, so you may be experiencing a delay in email delivery. This issue may be caused by a temporary problem with your email provider. Blackberry internet service will continue attempting to access this account"

Anyone else getting this message, and any other suggestions before I call up tmobile and get more aggravated? tia
    Sorry they are giving you the run araound but....... call back until you get a rep that knows what they are doing.

So let me get this straight, they had you test your BB sim card in your buddies Sidekick to test your data capability? Sidekick runs on it's own independent internet connection just as BB runs on it's. They are wholly not compatible with each other, hence the error message. So you went to the store and they tested A DIFFERENT sim in your phone and the browser worked? If a different sim card was able to pull the browser then it is not the phone that is causing it. It is either a sim issue, (not likely at this point) Or a network or provisioning issue.(most likely) What did they say when you asked them to resend your service books from RIM's site?

PIN/ID
    204CFA3F

Back up your data and "Wipe Handheld" works like a charm, and if not? Everybody Wang Chung Tonight.

*Update*

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

This morning I called up customer service, and they had me take out the battery, they then took me off the network and put me back on, I put the battery back in and Wala, I was back in business again. Why the lady couldnt do this yesterday is beyond me and had me go to a store to only get told your sim card is good. Anyways, problem solved yayy!!

*Update*

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

This morning I called up customer service, and they had me take out the battery, they then took me off the network and put me back on, I put the battery back in and Wala, I was back in business again. Why the lady couldnt do this yesterday is beyond me and had me go to a store to only get told your sim card is good. Anyways, problem solved yayy!!
    Good to hear it.

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

Got a small off topic question here.. Do contacts save to the phone memory or to the sim card? I was thinking about wiping mine and the only thing I wouldn't want to lose is my contacts..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast