Hello there, I am not so new to messing with phones. The Blackberry was a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chuckymafia2001 Guest

Problems with Memory and Space

Hello there, I am not so new to messing with phones. The Blackberry was a bit different to what I am used to (Motorola) but I got it to be like I wanted it to be. The only problem that I am having has to do with memory avalable and space. I removed Voice Dialing and PTT on my phone yet the space remains the same ans no changes occur in speed. I have used the Javaloader app, but I still get the same space and I am used to Linux and DOS so I know at least a bit ogf what I am doing, yet I see that I have removed many things and still nothing. I am just wondering how it is that when I have these applications on, there is about 41 MB avalable and once I delete them it goes to 38 MB avaliable. It seems weird to see this yet I do not get the Blackberry fully yet. I am just wondering if anyone has messed with theirs to make it show a difference and how they went about it. Oh yeah I also added the Tmobile theme to my phone instead of unlocking the Blackberry ALX file. Therefore that takes up like 700 kb. Just so you know and I added the Maps application that shows it like a true map. Version 1.1.35. Not many names and 6 bookmarks. no Messages. So if anyone can help. I would appreciate that. Thanks
    Last edited by reddog187; 08-22-2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: bold lettering

lux no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Problems with Memory and Space

woah... the bold is a bit much...

have you tried a battery pull? This provides a hard reset that sometimes help to clear out temporarily reserverd memory spaces (and clear areas affected by an old memory leak bug).

what version is your OS? under OPTIONS > About > the line that starts with "v4.2."

You can also uninstall some of the extra languages that are installed, as you likely don't need all of them.

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB ( bold is better! Haha..

chuckymafia2001 Guest

Sorry for the bold letters, I just have a bit of a thing for people who sometimes have a problem reading my posts and i thought it was nice to put it out there for people to read like this. Anyways I have done a battery pull and tried everything. I have the latest version recovering form a yet it still does the same no matter what. Its wierd that when i leave all the programs I have more memory. But if not its ok I guess I won't die its not as fast as I would expect it to be based on the processor but its a bit odd to me. it used to run faster when i got the phone for the first time with older software, I guess its just suppose to be like that, well thanks.