I'm a totally newbie to everything Blackberry and i'm from Europe, and this morning i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nixi_pixie no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with browser

Advertisement

I'm a totally newbie to everything Blackberry and i'm from Europe, and this morning i bought the Blackberry Pearl 8100 and I'm having a problem with both the e-mail application and the browser. The broswer application doesnt even appear in the menu and wont't let me connect to my home(wi-fi) network. Can anyone help me please ??

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    have you installed the Desktop software?
    have you installed the handheld software?
    if you have both of these things you should be able to hook your BB up to your PC and add the browser to your phone.
    did you get a disk with it?
    if so use the disk and then connect your phone to your computer and you should be able to install what you need.

I don't know about the Wi-FI
    sorry.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

nixi_pixie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah, I got a CD and I installed it, but I dont really know what to do next about the browser :S. I hooked up the blackberry to my pc, and transferred some files already and it seems to be working just fine but the broswer still wont appear.

Thanks so much for your help

kam2958 no está en línea Stack level 2
    it's happened to me a couple of times with the 8130, when I called us cell about it, they told me I had to reinstall the "service books". I had to go into us cells blackberry site to get them. Don't know if this will help you or not, hope so.

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    Go to the BIS site and resend your service book. That should do it!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Do you have a blackberry data plan? Your service provider won't send you the service books for email or web browser if you don't. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    To resend service books go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB menu>Register. This should take care of the browser.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    To resend service books go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB menu>Register on you BB. This should take care of the browser.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Sorry about sending the same message twice!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah I would try the register Now from the handheld but if that doesn't work, delete every service book that you have stored in there except for the one marked "IP PROVISIONING" and then resend the service book from your service provider's webclient.
    so for example mine is telus.blackberry.com

yours is likely (whoever your cell provider is).blackberry.com

once you log in click on service books on the left hand side and it should work.