I have a friend that recently upgraded from a pearl 8100 to the new pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Frog37_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21af35bb

Problems with BBMessenger

Advertisement

I have a friend that recently upgraded from a pearl 8100 to the new pearl 8120.
    Previously he has always had the $9.99 e-mail add-on, and his BBMessenger worked just fine.

After purchasing the 8120 and running desktop manager's switch-wizzard, his BBMessenger isn't working quite right. The problem is he isn't receiving messages from some contacts, and cannot send messages to them, but other contacts are working just fine.

Customer care is telling him that BBMessenger will only work with the $19.99 add on, but that isn't my experience or his in the past. Have they changed something?

Any help would be appreciated.

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    He technically isn't able to use it on the $10 plan. He received the service accidentally and when RIM audits he will lose all ability to use it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Frog37_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21af35bb
    I dont want to start an argument, but why then was he able to use it for the past two years with no problem on the $9.99 email plan? Seems like quite a long time to wait for an audit to close up a loop-hole!