I upgraded to 4.5 on my 8100 and now everything is REAL slow. I hit ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cmrs2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23fa9571

Problems with 4.5 on my 8100

Advertisement

I upgraded to 4.5 on my 8100 and now everything is REAL slow. I hit the app menu button and it gives me an hourglass for half a minute before doing anything. Everything seems to be acting just as slow.

I've power cycled, softreset, battery reset, still same issue... anyone else? any advice other than just going back to previous os?

Thanks,
    Chris

cmrs2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23fa9571
    Just got search to work for me here and found out some issues with media cards, I'll try that and hopefully it will fix it.

Any other thoughts, do share.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    try a different version of OS 4.5
    you may have better luck with a different vendors software.
    that one may just be a bit buggy. my buddy has an 8100 and I had to change his 4.5 OS like 3 times before he was happy with the speed and the look of everything.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

SNW
    SNW no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had a similar issue after upgrade to 4.5. Everything seemed way too slow. Did a number of hard resets but didn't help. All I can say is after a few hours of being left alone my 8100 seems to be working just fine.

I was even having camera issues. When I took a picture all I would get is an hourglass rotating on a blank white screen. Got tired of waiting and did a battery pull. The next day it seems to be working fine, no lagging, camera works fine.

Perhaps the OS needs to go through all the processes and configure completely...just surmising.