I have the BB Pearl 8100, and all of a sudden the other day, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrsawesome no está en línea Stack level 1

Question problems sending/receiving texts

Advertisement

I have the BB Pearl 8100, and all of a sudden the other day, I am unable to send or receive any texts. When I try to send one, it says that it has sent (the little check mark appears next to the message), but the person I am sending it to doesn't get it. Then they will try to send me a text, and I never get it. My husband and I both have AT&T and he has an iPhone. I have never had this problem, and we text all the time. He can still get texts and send texts with other people, so it's just me! Anyone else have this problem or know what I can do?

I have tried restarting my phone, taking out the battery... first I thought it had something to do with the fact that I put a micro SD card in my phone, but when I put that in and put things on it, I was still receiving messages, but like, a day or 2 later, it stopped.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Try this: Options>SMS Text. Make sure the "network to send over" is set to GSM and not GPRS. People often think that texts messages and emails are both sent thru the internet or thru the GPRS network. But texts messages are sent over the same betwork as phone calls. So try that option and also check your signal status. It's hard for text messages to go thru if you have less than 3 bars of service.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Have you installed anything new? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My Network to send over is set to GSM. This is what I have set on the SMS text options:

Disable Auto Text: No
    Leave Messages on SIM Card: No (I don't think I have changed this since I got the phone).
    Data Coding: 7 Bit
    Service Center: (the long number)
    Network to send over: GSM
    Number of Prev. Items: 7

I have not installed anything new right before I had this problem. The only thing I have put in my phone is the micro SD card and I was still receiving texts the day I put that in.

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you checked your memory? Alot of times issues with messaging have to do with memory capacity. Go option- status - file free

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspicebaby1 View Post
    Have you checked your memory? Alot of times issues with messaging have to do with memory capacity. Go option- status - file free

I have over 14,000,000 file free space.... I WAS a while ago having the problem where it would just erase my messages/call log even before I would read one, but I just took out the battery and it fixed it. Plus I have since gotten a memory card and now I put all my pictures and stuff on there... but yeah, it's weird, I am just not getting any messages and I can't send even though the phone says it has sent. I do not get any error messages or anything.