Hello, I am new here and new to the blackberry. I bought the pearl on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

onair4871 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems , please help

Advertisement

Hello, I am new here and new to the blackberry. I bought the pearl on July 3rd and now am having a few problems with it. Maybe someone here can help before I call Cingular. First , when I take pictures and save them to the device memory , when I try to open the pic it says unable to open file/devicememory/home/user/pictures/img00020.jpg, it does this with all pictures . So I went into the factory ringtones and alarms and it does the same thing. Dosen't matter if it is in the preloaded memory or not. It won't even play the preloaded video sample. Second problem. I thought maybe if I took the battery out and back in it would reset it. so I did and when it came back on after the securty screen I got this box that says. Uncaught exception application registry. wait for (0xac3a76427d17f19) timeout and a box under it with OK in it. I have never seen this before and haven't downloaded anything except a ringtone from cingular website. THanks in advance.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Problems , please help

Try reloading the operating system. I would do that first.
    /~*brooke

Not to sound like a pest, but how do you do that. I am at beginner level on all of this.. Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You need to download and reinstall both the desktop manager and the Pearl handheld Software.

Here are two links that will help.

BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

It sounds like you have an AT&T Pearl. Follow Rcb's thread links, and upgrade your Desktop Manager and phone OS.

Unfortunately, AT&T received a batch of phones that ship with a Faulty Desktop Manager. Why they haven't pulled the CDs from the inventory, I have no idea. Its been a known issue (to us AND AT&T) since at least April.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Worked fine, everything went perfect. Thanks guys, you are a great help.