i just bought my pearl about a week or so ago... and loving all the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JasonChrist no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Problems Pairing a Plantronics Explorer 320 To My New Pearl

Advertisement

i just bought my pearl about a week or so ago... and loving all the apps/themes/etc for it! (Thanks Pinstackers!)

had my run in with the DM erasing files and having to reinstall the OS and update the DM (once again, Thanks Pinstackers for the help!)

but thats neither here nor there... the reason i've started this thread is due to the fact that i cant pair my plantronics explorer 320 to my pearl... i've searched the forums and have found a few that looked like they would be the ones to help me reach my BT bliss... unfortunately, i still cant manage to get it going.

i had a (crappy) RAZR before that i used my explorer on everyday with no problems... could this be the problem? does the 320 only allow me to connect to that one phone like it fears cheating on it? :P the other phone is gone now to its MOBILE HEAVEN, so its not like its catching the signal or anything, i was just thinking that the 320 may have the phones code of sorts in it and only connects to that... this is me finding excuses as to why i cant do it, god forbid its me screwing things up :P

first post, made it a good one :P much help appreciated! thank you again pinstackers!

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Problems Pairing a Plantronics Explorer 320 To My New Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by JasonChrist
    ... could this be the problem? does the 320 only allow me to connect to that one phone like it fears cheating on it? :P

i was just thinking that the 320 may have the phones code of sorts in it and only connects to that... this is me finding excuses as to why i cant do it, god forbid its me screwing things up :P

first post, made it a good one :P much help appreciated! thank you again pinstackers!
    I use the Plantronics 340 (or 350, they are the same, but one comes with home charger, the other comeas with car charger and car cradle, I have the car charger one and forget which number it is)

You will need to press and hold the multi function button on your Plantronics, for about ten seconds, until it starts to blink red/blue. Once it's blinking red/blue, it's now in pairing mode.

Now go to Setup Bluetooth on your bb, and it should find and link with your headset. If it asks you for a password for your Plantronics headset, it's 0000 (shhhhhh.... don't tell anyone!)

Good luck!