I know that their are alot of posts about this but most of them are ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sunsetsweete no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC

Question Problems with listening to 8100 mp3 player thru aux connection in car

Advertisement

I know that their are alot of posts about this but most of them are over a year old and I don't know if anyone would reply. I thought I might as well start a new post and see if anyone can help me.

I am wanting to connect my blackberry (8100) to my car and listen to music. I have the Sedido or whatever adapter with the 4 pins. I also have an auxilery cord that I got from Radio Shack. The problem I am having is that when I have it all plugged in it works, but the balance is only on the left side of the car. I checked my balance settings in my car and everything. I tried to unplug it and replug it in but nothing worked.

I had another adapter that I used that did this same thing but it also did it with regular headphones. With the adapter I have now I can hear out of both sides of the headphones when I have it plugged in. I cant though when I listen to it thru my car stereo.

I was wondering if their are any settings that I need to set up on my car or on my blackberry or if I have the wrong cords or anything like that. The auxilery cord I have is male to male and I think it is a 3 pin jack. Again, the adapter I have is the Sedeio one that is the 2.5 mm male jack to the 3.5 mm female jack. The male end is 4 pins.

I am glad that it works, but it would be better if the sound was even on both sides.

Thanks in advance for your help!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    The more connections, the more places for something to go wrong and the more audio quality degrades as well. It could be your pearl's 2.5mm jack is faulty or it could be the Seidio adapter as well as it could be the aux connection in your car. If any of the rings that make the connection are faulty, it won't transmit the sound correctly. If I had to bet, I'd go with a faulty adapter, but again it could be any of the above.

Try testing out each connection individually to pin point where the problem lies. Test your Aux in car with another device, then test your berry with a regular 2.5 set of headphones, then test your 2.5 to 3.5 adapter with a set of regular head phones (test the headphones on your laptop or an mp3 player of some sort).

The best solution though: find a better set up.

PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC
    I am pretty sure that I have tried everything individulally. I plugged the adapter directly into my blackberry and then into a set of regular headphones. It worked perfectly in both ears. I have used the aux cord with another phone and it worked fine and worked thru both speakers. I don't have anything that I can plug into the aux directly to see if that works but I am pretty sure that it isn't that unless its the wrong type.

I also have a separate pair of headphones that have a 2.5 mm jack with no adapter and they work perfectly with that.

I don't think that is is my phone since I can listen thru both ears with either the headphones without an adapter or if I use a standard set of headphones with the Sedeio Adapter.

I don't think its my car because I have used the aux with my boyfriends phone and a different adapter (that isn't 4 pin) and it worked and you could hear out of both sides just fine.

I don't think that it is the aux since it works as stated above.

I just bought the Sedeio adapter a few days ago and again this one works find with a regular set of headphones and works out of both ears.

I haven't had a chance to use the adapter with a regular set of headphones on another device because everything else uses a 3.5 mm jack.

As far as getting a better set up, I don't know how else to do it. I have yet to find a cord that is a 3.5 aux on one end an a 2.5 on the other that is 4 pins. If anyone knows of this type of cord this would probably solve my problems. I have looked online for this type of thing but have yet to find one that has 4 pins.
    Last edited by sunsetsweete; 08-28-2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added more information

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    If each piece is working fine individually, I'm fresh out of ideas. Together, it could just be too many connections and the signal is getting mixed somewhere along the way. I can't say I've seen a 2.5 to 3.5 cord either. Couldn't imagine it being too popular. Maybe a local electronic store might be willing to splice one together? (long shot)

A few options come to mind though. I recently replaced my car's receiver with a newer one that had aux, bluetooth and a usb slot. They have a good, fair priced selection at Crutchfield.com. You could also upgrade your berry with one that has 3.5mm plug or just use a regular mp3 player in the car.

Goodluck!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    As crazy as this sounds this may solve your solution.

Plug your aux cable into the car first. Then plug in the aux cable to the siedio adaptor. Once you are sure that the connection at the adaptor is secure and complete (sometimes the cable doesn't plug all the way into the adaptor), plug the adaptor into your pearl and make sure it is secure and all the way in. My tech used to use that setup (he has a curve now) and found that the order things are plugged in on the Pearl does affect the audio output.

Zo

PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC
    I tried to change the order of how I plugged everything in but I don't remember for sure if I did it in that order. I am going to have to try that. I will probably just end up burning a cd to use (ya very oldschool!) but it was worth a shot. I really don't spend much time in my car except to get to and from work and school, but it would be cool to not have to burn a CD to play in my car and just plug and play my bberry. I am planning on probably getting the kickstart once it comes out and I haven't checked to see if that has a 3.5 mm or 2.5 mm adapter. I will try and see if the order makes a difference or not. Thanks everyone!