Hi, Im having difficulties in editing attachments(like excel, word, Powerpoint). According to the features of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ravikash no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Problems in Editing Attachments 8100 Pearl

Advertisement

Hi, Im having difficulties in editing attachments(like excel, word, Powerpoint).
    According to the features of Pearl, it is stated we can edit these attachments....any one can help me out here as to how?

your help wud be really appreciated.

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb
    You can view those attachments, but there's no software out of the box that allows you to edit those types of files. I'm wondering if perhaps you mistook the abillity to view attachments as providing the ability to edit them as well? There probably is third-party software that allows editing, perhaps someone else will be able to supply more details.

One thing that Windows Mobile based devices have over Blackberrys is that if you work with MS Office files, depending on which flavor of WM you have, the device may have MS Mobile Office which can directly manipulate the files. Even so, there is a fairly limited ability to do work on them because of the form-factor of the device.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You must have misread some documentation. A BlackBerry cannot edit attachments.

Dynoplex sells eOffice, for $200, which allows full office capabilities.

But no matter the device, there is the issue of form factor. It will never equal a notebook / desktop experience.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was able to make some really basic changes to MS Office attachments, but never tried to save them and forward etc. Agree with Lewis too: editing this kind of thing is not what I want a handheld for anyway... if it's anything like that then I fire up my laptop and get to it that way.

Re: Problems in Editing Attachments 8100 Pearl

so editing is not possible on the handheld itself unless we have a third party application?...

what about with BES v4.2???

thanks for ur comments ..

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

Quote Originally Posted by ravikash
    so editing is not possible on the handheld itself unless we have a third party application?...
    That's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ravikash
    what about with BES v4.2???
    I haven't seen BES 4.2 yet (I don't even know if it's in beta), but I don't recall providing document editing capabilities as one of the features that I've ever seen mentioned. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.:cry:

thanks guys...
    i can let my friends in this region know that as well..
    regards,
    ravi