not sure if this was asked before, but I couldn't find what I was looking ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

djskyy no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems hearing on my pearl...HELP!

Advertisement

not sure if this was asked before, but I couldn't find what I was looking for....anyways, here's my situation...I think I might of pressed something accidently..

When I make or receive incoming/outgoing calls, I can't hear anything from the other party through the phone itself. But when I put it on speaker, I could hear the other party. Regardless of the whole situation, the other party can hear me whether its on regular or speaker on my side.

My service is through T-Mobile and I have the lastest software. I tried resetting the phone by taking the battery out for a few minutes and it still wouldn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Problems hearing on my pearl...HELP!

welcome to the stacks djskyy!

when you say latest software what do you mean exactly? what OS are you running?

options --> about (3rd line down) v_________

djskyy no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    welcome to the stacks djskyy!

when you say latest software what do you mean exactly? what OS are you running?

options --> about (3rd line down) v_________

v4.2.0.64

anyways, I think i found quite of few threads on this subject....looks like i might just have to call T-Mobile to handle a headset exchange..

commando82 no está en línea Stack level 1

hey, i had the same problem around 2-3 weeks ago. i bought a new pearl from tmobile and one day, i got a call and when i answered i couldn't hear anything except either thru speaker or headset.

You can try doing this: make a call, when it says "Connected" on the screen, click the menu button and see it gives you the option to "Unmute".

Most of the time, and thru checking this forum and others, people say its a hardware problem from blackberry so the only way to fix it, which was my case as well, is to call tmobile and run thru their troubleshooting process which is 1) remove the battery while it's on and place it back in after few mins and 2) format and install the new OS.
    In my case, those didn't fix it and ended up getting a replacement phone for free, since these backberry's have a 1 year warranty. Just make sure there is no water damage on it by checking the sticker where you place the battery on the side. If the sticker is white, you are good, if it's pink or red, that means u had water contact with the phone and i doubt they will replace it for free unless u have the insurance for the phone.