Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have aol email. the messages are sent flawlessly and in seconds! When i receive ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bustinstugot no está en línea Stack level 2

problem with yahoo email

Advertisement

I have aol email. the messages are sent flawlessly and in seconds! When i receive messages its great too. i've even tested it seeing it load on my aol page on my lap top then watching my red light indicator on the blackberry pearl telling me i have an email.
    now with yahoo its hit or miss. at times yahoo emails will go through and at times it will not. but when it does go through... it does take a very long time to get pushed to my blackberry. at times almost like 10 minutes. its getting to the point that i'm thinking of not using my yahoo address anymore. Do you the know the reason for this or if there is anything ic an do to fix this problem?

Lynza no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF2024

Re: problem with yahoo email

It can take a while as the Yahoo! servers don't push as regularly (frequently) as others. I assume you have a Mail Plus account or a yahoo.ca address?

bustinstugot no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't understand what you mean a yahoo mail plus account. As far as i know, my yahoo mail is regular and i don't have a yahoo.ca address. I'm just getting a little fustrated that it takes so long for yahoo to push out the emails.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yahoo plus is a premium service from yahoo mail. Do you pay for your yahoo address? I know they're nets testing the plus accounts with limited functions.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I get my yahoo email on my BB almost instantly. I will see the notification on the pc via Yahoo Messenger and hear the alert on my Berry moments later.
    I have a free yahoo account set up thru the BIS with Tmobile.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

I also receive my (free) Yahoo mail in seconds. I have 2 other pop accts & they are typically pushed to me in 15 minutes or less.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

As I understand it is varies by cell provider. I have Cingular and it can take as much as 15 minutes, depending on when in the cycle the email is sent.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ffmike
    As I understand it is varies by cell provider. I have Cingular and it can take as much as 15 minutes, depending on when in the cycle the email is sent.
    I wonder why that is. I have Cingular too & any message sent to my Yahoo address arrives on my BB in about 3 seconds. I wish that my default e-mail address would do that!

Lynza no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF2024

I used to do the tech support for the mobile stuff, so I can hopefully answer some of the questions.

The reason we see some unusual push and alert times is that not all providers do a regular push. Some do a batch push every 5-10 minutes, some do them as soon as they come in. Verizon was, by far, the worst for slow pushes. We used to get tons of complaints when Verizon would just not deliver an alert to someone for 2 hours after the alert time was up.

shihkang no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi. I am new to the BB Pearl. So far it's cool. I just am having problems having my yahoo plus email sent to my BB. My BB does not receive my yahoo email. I have set up the email on T-Mobile BIS, but for some reason, even after 15 minutes, my BB still doesn't receive anything.

Also, a little off topic, is there a way to get my phone setting from BES to BIS?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

shihkang, Welcome to PinStack.

Has it just stopped, or have you ever gotten it to work? You might try to delete the account and set it up again. And what do you mean by getting your phone seting from BES to BIS?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks for the fast response.

I have never rec'd an email from Yahoo Plus on my BB. I just bought the BB on Thursday and am trying it out this weekend.

I tried deleting the account on the My.T-Mobile BIS and then setting it up again.

I also set up a blackberry email address on T-Mobile BIS. However, when I tried sending an email to the BB address, I did not receive any message.

I did however try the "send service" option on the My T-Mobile site and it worked out.

I heard that you can use the T-Mobile T-Zones ($5.99) and set up a proxy to just send and receive emails instead of using the $19.99 BlackBerry unlimited data plan. I read somewhere that most BB phones are set to BES, but there is a way to change it to BIS. I'll most likely still use the $19.99. I was able to use the browser, it's awesome!

Thanks again for writing back.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you don't have a Blackberry Data Plan you won't be able to get any email. You Have to have the BB data plan. Sorry, I didn't even know you could set up a BIS account without a BB data plan on TMO.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hi, I added the BB Unlimited Add-On to the family plan.

I just tried again by deleting and adding my yahoo account, but my BB Pearl still doesn't receive anything...

David

xxfroggyxx no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I'm new here as well and am having similar problems. I set up my free Yahoo email account with my Pearl and received my friends email within seconds of her sending it. Since then I've received about five emails on that account and have yet to be notified of any of them. I also can't seem to find a way to erase that account off the Pearl and start over. Hope someone knows what's going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast