Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone, I just got my BB pearl yesterday and was setting it up today ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

IceTeaMix no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with USB connectivity

Advertisement

Hello everyone,
    I just got my BB pearl yesterday and was setting it up today to add pictures, videos, music and what not... When I connected my USB cable to my BB I here the connection sound but then it beeps multiple times and no connection. I wonder if its my computer or something wrong with my BB. Can it be my settings either my comp or my BB....Your feedback is most appreciated.

Thanks....

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Problem with USB connectivity

IceTeaMix, Welcome to PinStack.

Have you already installed the BB Desktop Manager that came on the CD with your Pearl? This needs to be done before you can connect to your PC. What OS is running on your PC?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hi thanks...
    My OS is Windows XP Professional. I installed the Desktop Manager. When i first plugged in the USB to my BB a Wizard popped up and said new Hardware detected download something to something.....I tried installing new hardware but then it said..."Cannot instal new hardware Software not detected" or something like that....I installed the software (BB Desktop Manager) But now when I plug in my BB to my Comp I here the sound "Do Da" and then followed by "Do Do Do" lol best sound affect i can come up with. **"""Note that i see the charge icon ~ near my Battery Life Bar."""

Thank you for the help and more feedback would be awsome thank you again

Vietsace no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20532fef

Quote Originally Posted by IceTeaMix
    Hi thanks...
    My OS is Windows XP Professional. I installed the Desktop Manager. When i first plugged in the USB to my BB a Wizard popped up and said new Hardware detected download something to something.....I tried installing new hardware but then it said..."Cannot instal new hardware Software not detected" or something like that....I installed the software (BB Desktop Manager) But now when I plug in my BB to my Comp I here the sound "Do Da" and then followed by "Do Do Do" lol best sound affect i can come up with. **"""Note that i see the charge icon ~ near my Battery Life Bar."""

Thank you for the help and more feedback would be awsome thank you again
    I had the same problem but some how i got it to work, i didn't had the cd when i got my pearl so i download the desktop manager from pinstack. maybe if you read this thread it will help you. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...oad_usage.html
    try it and let us know if it work for you.

vietsace

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

I had the same problem. Try restarting your computer. If you have Desktop Manager set up to start on Windows startup, don't close it after you reboot. Plug in your PEARL and it should install drivers and connect. As long as you don't close the Desktop Manager it won't give you that multiple USB connection sound and then sit and say disconnected. Thats the problem I have and thats how I fixed it. lol
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Ok Thanks i'll try it out.

Keep the feedback coming guys....Thanks a bunch

Ok so I deleted and re-installed Desktop Software and the Hardware wizard showed up!!!!....So I installed and says "the Hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software. im stumped now im gonna restart comp and try out on of the suggestions if that doesn't work then i'm gonna have to try something else.

PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

IceTeaMix, you gotta install the Desktop Software before plugging in the BlackBerry. Don't plug anything in until after you install the software. After that is done, restart your computer with the BlackBerry plugged-in and drivers are installed.
    Will you be my friend?
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Quote Originally Posted by squ34k
    IceTeaMix, you gotta install the Desktop Software before plugging in the BlackBerry. Don't plug anything in until after you install the software. After that is done, restart your computer with the BlackBerry plugged-in and drivers are installed.
    Ok so I went to the install wizard and removed all Desktop Manager files (completely deleted it) Re-installed, then i restarted my computer and had DM start at reboot and the device detection popped up I installed "new devices" and said Hardware detected or something. Then I clicked the Media Manager icon and it said Manager is only supported by USB connection. Meaning the hardware wasn't downloaded but the funny thing is it detected it. This is really odd and frustrating I am totally lost.....

AHAHAHA Yes! it works SQU34k was right. I deleted and re-installed again...and restarted my computer turned off firewall and then plugged in my BB pearl and it works.
    Thank you for everyone who gave feedback

Ok so I jumped to conclusions and my BB/USB connectivety problem hasn't been solved. Im going back to the T-Mo store that I bought the phone from tell them about my problem, and hopefuly get a new one to work. I'll keep post on what happens if it fixes the problem or not

PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Well, I tried. :/ It works as long as I never close out of DM.
    Will you be my friend?
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Hi. I tried it on my friends computer and it works idk why it does't work on mine......

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Have you tried going to your "Options" on your desktop manager main screen and from there hit "Connection Settings" and maybe try detecting different "Connections and COM's"

That might fix it

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

windows xp has default rim drivers preloaded. it will install them when the bb is plugged into usb with out the desktop manager loaded.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast