Im losing my mind, i have unlocked tmo 8100 with the new rogers os, i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bowzer no está en línea Stack level 1

problem with tmo..apn

Advertisement

Im losing my mind, i have unlocked tmo 8100 with the new rogers os, i put in wap.voicestream.com for apn setting i cant get any data, no opera( newest one), no jivetalk (0.90), it used to work but now nothing, did a hard reset....cant think of anything else to do. anybody have any ideas? i have no BIS, im a cheap *** lol,always worked before but did the upgrade now nothing hmm

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: problem with tmo..apn

i think you need BIS. how else do you expect to connect to the internet?

I know you dont need BIS, used tmobile apn gateway for last 5 months, not as good but used to work now nothing, hmm still cant figure it out

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

That gateway is only supposed to work with an T-mo internet plan active. My guess is this: After an update your BB resends data across the provider network as if it were a new BB being setup, (saw mine do it last night and got a new welcome email from T-mo too). You probably unwittingly told the netowrk to take a look at your service plan again. If you look, you probably don't have the 'Setup Internet Email ' icon either hidden or shown either. T-mo enables this icon remotely on your device after you have activated your BIS service. Until then you shouldn't even be able to find it and only the BES email setup icon will be available (hidden or shown).

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I'm lost do you have a data plan or not?

thanks for the reply, weird updated the phone many of times (os), install this new os now dont work, it makes sense what you said, sounds like i f_cked myself on the free internet, is it gone forever or is there a way to get that back at all?

no never did have a data plan

let me explain better, had the phone few 5 monthes, unlocked, i worked a seasonal job, got done with the seasonal job, so i stuck a prepaid sim card in the blackberry, after i done that i put in wap.voicestream.com for the apn setting, was running factory os, then .64. then .66. and now the new os by rogers, as you know tmo prepaid dont have data plan so coundnt get it on plan, but i entered that apn setting and worked no problem for 5 monthes now nothing
    Last edited by bowzer; 05-12-2007 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Hrm... it is odd that you didn't have problems when updating before. I'm just guessing it's that since I saw mine go through all the setup prompts again and I received the welcome emails again.

I'm not familiar with any of the old OS's really, were .64 and .66 T-mo OS's? Or were they other vendor's that you had to modify to install? i.e. the new Rogers OS

.64 was tmo and .66 was italy (had to delete the vender file italy ) and for the new rogers os

was it originally not supposed to work on prepaid? (apn setting) data transfer

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

I didn't think that prepaid T-mo sims had permissions for any data features at all, especially for a blackberry, perhaps I am mistaken and there is something else going on here.

well didnt really know that looks like calling to tmo tomarrow and getting on a contract, and paying for the BIS

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

That's too bad, I've never tried the prepaid option, but I can certainly see the value of it coming from constantly renewing contract after contract over the last decade. I've always seen them reserve the best hardware and services for the contracts though.

ya just sucks i dont mind the 1 year contract but 2 years now bull ****

Have a good night man and thanks for all your help!
    Last edited by bowzer; 05-12-2007 at 04:09 AM.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by bowzer
    I know you dont need BIS, used tmobile apn gateway for last 5 months, not as good but used to work now nothing, hmm still cant figure it out
    Tmo just realized that a bunch of users were getting access to the internet for free and " shut the door" so to speak on it. Hence being able to use the internet for 5 months without paying for it.