I'm probably just going to have to see if this is covered in the warranty ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Problem with sound using headphones...

Advertisement

I'm probably just going to have to see if this is covered in the warranty but I decided to post here first. I went out of town with a couple friends this weekend and I use my phone for music in my car with the 2.5mm to 3.5mm seidio adapter. For the last month or so i've had the adapter it has worked great, and I havent had any problems til now.

Basically, when I plug in my headphones or whatever other 3.5mm jack audio device, it will play stereo until the 2.5mm jack plugged into the phone gets moved or adjusted, and it basically goes crazy. It gives a really loud feedback, switches to mono only, sometimes just ignores the fact theres a jack in it at all and uses the phones speaker. It basically goes nuts. I'm pretty sure it isnt the adapter and something somehow went bad inside the the port on the phone. I've reset it, nothing, i've used compressed air to possibly clean it, nothing, tried multiple headphones etc and same result.

Should I just go talk to tmo and see if I can get a new phone? I really don't want to, because I have my BSE already on this phone and i'll have to order another, but I don't think I have much of a choice.
    My music is so loud, i'm swinging.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Problem with sound using headphones...

You should contact Sedio about the adapter. Supposedly the older ones, older than about a month (?) have an issue with the symptoms as you describe. So I think it is the adapter.

Send them an e-mail.

Try turning on an MP3 then plugging in the adapter, then the headphone. That's supposed to reset the plug in some manner.
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-30-2006 at 01:28 PM.

PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Thanks SF, you rock brotha.

edit: just as an update, I tried plugging the adapter in first etc and nothing seems to work really. I'm just relieved that it's my adapter and not the phone.
    Last edited by X Factor; 10-30-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor

edit: just as an update, I tried plugging the adapter in first etc and nothing seems to work really. I'm just relieved that it's my adapter and not the phone.
    Also, if you have Best Buy or some other cell phone/computer store, you may want to get a Jabra headset C220s. I have one and it works well in situations where I don't want to use my high end headphones.

It can function as a test device to confirm your Seidio adapter is malfunctioning.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor

Try different plugging in sequences with the devices. I can't remember what Seidio said to do, that is, in what order.

Also, did you do a battery removal reset? That helps too. [take out battery, wait 10 seconds, reinstall].

As to Seidio combinations try:

1. Insert headset into adapter, then plus the entire thing into the Pearl.

2. Without an MP3 playing, try the above. Then with an MP3 playing.

3. Then try plugging adapter into the Pearl. Then the headset into the adapter.

4. Same as before, try #3 without an MP3 playing, then with.

PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Yeah I have tried battery reset a few times. I tried all those combinations again just now and same results. Emailed Seidio so i'll be expecting a reply in the next day or so.

PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Hmm, i'm not sure if this is the best way to test it, but for right now it's the only way I have. The phone comes with the single bud and when I move the jack around while it's plugged in it isnt giving me the feedback it does with the adapter. I'm like 99% sure now that it's the adapter.

Thanks again for the help, very much appreciated.