Please help me people... My flipberry has gone completely crazy... I'l try and explain the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tanayjain no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Problem with screen

Advertisement

Please help me people... My flipberry has gone completely crazy...
    I'l try and explain the whole problem with as much detail as i can recollect...
    Since the past week or so, both the internal as well as the external screen of my phone have been acting crazy....
    for the initial few days the problem started with the internal display going red sometimes, or displaying half the screen with strips of colours... i thought it was a passing phase....
    but after a few days the screen went completely black... both the screens external and internal.... till this time i was running firmware 4.6.0.222
    so that day i sat and wiped my phone completely and loaded the latest firmware 4.6.0.236.... so from completely clack the screens went back to the way they were.... sometimes ok, sometimes showing abstract stuff and wierd colours....

and today again both the screens have gone completely black... so i am currently in the process of going back to version 4.6.0.180 as it is recommended by t-mobile...

and i have not dropped my phone even once since i bought it 4 months ago.... need some help

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2
    so, just to sum up....
    wierd black screen with the latest firmware?
    abstract colors periodically with the earlier firmware?

If thats so, you just need a new phone. The one you have has possible a bad LCD screen, or chip on the board. The reason i say this is because you have problems with either firmware. And quite honestly, if it were the firmware it would either work or wont work... no grey area with machine code.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Sounds to me like a defective device. I'd have it replaced if possible.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

tanayjain no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes... now that i come to think of it again... it may be a hardware issue indeed...
    replacement is not a possible option for me as i bought an unlocked phone...
    i strongly think that some connections might be loose, because i havnt damaged it and its been working perfectly since 3 months....
    anybody know how to disassemble the pearl flip 8220..??

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Sounds like it is more than likely a hardware issue. Firmware will not have an effect of how the screen will function whether it will black out or not.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I did a breakdown of how I replaced the trackball, which required a good bit of disassembly, but not sure it would help in your situation....

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3
    GaryF in another thread suggested Youtube for Flip Pearl disassembly videos.