After playing a long game of brickbraker. My pearl locked up on me. I tried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rollem no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with my Pearl.

Advertisement

After playing a long game of brickbraker. My pearl locked up on me. I tried to turn it off and was still unresponsive. I removed the battery for several minutes then reinstalled it. A white screen came on and a hour glass was rolling around. after a min or so the screen would go blank? Also with the blank screen theres a flashing RED led. Kinda seems like it's throwing a code or something three ... then two .. and repeats ... .. Heres the kicker it's only about 5 days old. I bought it new through t-mobile. Be fore the game the battery was more than half charge. I was wondering if someone here has had a similar problem and any advice one might have? Thanks

p.s. I do not a have any micro memory cards yet..

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    rollem, Welcome to PinStack.

Could it be that the battery needs charging? I'm not that familiar with the pearl, but first try a nother battery removal for about 15-30 seconds, and see what happens. If that doesn't work you may have to reinstall the OS.

Let us know how this goes.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Well the battery read 3/4 full right before it went out. Now how do you reinstall the OS when you can't get the device to even turn on?

Thanks for the help Rcbjr

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Welcome to Pinstack!
    I honestly have yet to play the games on mine. i went to www.mobilerated.com and downloaded a few free games. but still never played them yet. Ill see if mine locks up when i play mine.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

Thanks Maz94. I'm going to t-mobile 2 day at lunch and see what they can do. My phone is been down for a day now and I need another one. or maybe the battery that came with the new pearl was defective. I'll get them to do something about it.

I took it back and they gave me a new one....