Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am a relatively new BlackBerry Pearl 8110 owner through AT&T. I prefer using the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

imzadi04 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2467F396

Question Problem with MultiTap Option

Advertisement

I am a relatively new BlackBerry Pearl 8110 owner through AT&T. I prefer using the Language option for MultiTap, rather than using the SureType. Periodically, for no reason that I know of, my Blackberry reverts back to the SureType method, and I once again have to go into my Options and change it back to MultiTap. At first, I thought it was because I had added a new theme to my phone, but I had the same problem when I reverted back to one of the default themes that came with my phone. Is it something that I am doing wrong? Is this a glitch that I just have to get used to?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    That is pretty odd!!

Okay, try changing the device to MultiTap, without typing anything, do a battery pull and see if it stays at MultiTap, if in fact it switched to SureType, set it back to MultiTap and see what happens...I use SureType, and I've never had this issue

EDIT: Just checked on mine, and it stays set to MultiTap every time a compose and email or sms/mms text

So try as I suggested..it's worth a shot

PIN/ID
    2467F396
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    That is pretty odd!!

Okay, try changing the device to MultiTap, without typing anything, do a battery pull and see if it stays at MultiTap, if in fact it switched to SureType, set it back to MultiTap and see what happens...I use SureType, and I've never had this issue

EDIT: Just checked on mine, and it stays set to MultiTap every time a compose and email or sms/mms text

Thanks, I will give it a whirl and see if that helps. Thanks for responding so quickly to my post! I expected to wait at least a day before hearing something back!

I've had the same with my 8110 Att BB. I got so tired of changing it that I have up and just learned to use SureType. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

As you can tell I'm still learning.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Hehehe I can recogize a suretyper from a mile away

PIN/ID
    2467F396
    Is there really an advantage of SureType over MultiTap? I type rather quickly on the MultiTap, but if I have to continue to deal with this glitch, then I guess I should probably learn SureType.

Its not that bad I picked it up literally overnite ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    I'm thinking it's because you changed themes. When I change my themes I have to go back and reset all my settings like font, size, convenience key assignments. Not sure if that's what's happening but it only happens when you change themes right?

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I usually wouldn't notice for a while and it took me a while to find a theme to stick with. In short ya probably! It does add up. I did switch themes a lot at first.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2467F396
    I only changed my theme one time and reset all of the various settings, then reverted back to a default theme and changed the settings, then back to the theme I had downloaded. It only happens intermittently, as if there is no rhyme or reason to it. It's very bizarre.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats still weird, I have an 8100 and I make themes and stuff, so I've changed themes dozens of times, but I've never had this issue. But yeah, SureType is the way to go, If you can type fast on a computer, then you'll pick up the SureType and you find its way faster than MultiTap

Word!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Weird.
    I have changed themes a lot, but MultiTap stays MultiTap...

SureType sucks, since it's useless for my native language (yeah, I know I'm repeating myself...)
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

PIN/ID
    2467F396
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    That is pretty odd!!

Thanks, so far your suggestion seems to be working, knock on wood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast