Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alrighty, I just got my pearl YESTERDAY and I've encountered a huge issue. Yesterday i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Forestednigh no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with media folder

Advertisement

Alrighty, I just got my pearl YESTERDAY and I've encountered a huge issue.

Yesterday i was taking some fun pictures, playing with the images already on the phone. Everything worked fine.

Now if I try to listen to ANY ringtone, view ANY picture (newly taken or preloaded image), I get an error that says "Unable to display file _______________________"

HELP ME

PS: Ironically I can't open "help" on my phone either

I get: "Error starting net_rim_bb_help: Module 'net_rim_ecmascript' not found."
    Last edited by Forestednigh; 08-10-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Problem with media folder

Well for Error starting net_rim_bb_help: Module 'net_rim_ecmascript' not found you will need to reload the os. Rn an application loader on the PC. This should fix the other issue too.

So with the desktop manager that came with the phone, all i have to do is run "application loader" ?

this link has the instruct on how to run an app loader, post back with any issues and Welcome to Pinstack. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

Quote Originally Posted by Forestednigh
    So with the desktop manager that came with the phone, all i have to do is run "application loader" ?
    yes and when you get to the handheld application selection make sure that the help is checked. If you get there and it is either A) missing or B)already checked , delete the handheld software off of the pc and redownload. If the cod file in the ALX file of the handheld software is missing you will get this error.

here is the link for the handheld software just in case you need it. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 08-10-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Alright, so it is already checked (the help button.)

I downloaded the program via a cd the came with my phone yesterday, so all I have to do is uninstall the software and then reinstall it on my computer.

After that I do what exactly? (sorry, i'm not the most technilogically advanced person )

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You should probably download and install a new copy of the Desktop Manager also. The copy on your CD has a problem abd was the cause to the deletion of that module

Both OS and Desktop downloads can be found here, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Alright, so it is already checked (the help button.)

I downloaded the program via a cd the came with my phone yesterday, so all I have to do is uninstall the software and then reinstall it on my computer.

After that I do what exactly? (sorry, i'm not the most technilogically advanced person )
    No worries. The handheld software (OS) does not come on the CD. On the CD is a program called Desktop manager (DM). After you have the DM loaded on the computer download the OS from the link above and then run it. From there follow the link i gave for the application loader and this will reinstall the OS onto the phone like uninstalling and reinstalling windows from a PC.

ok im going to try to do that now. Thanks eddie, I'll post again when I've tried the above. Thanks

Alright. I have downloaded the new OS from the link, and have opened desktop manager.

I've opened application loader and am now at the screen where it says "Device Application Selection"

For most of the checked boxes it says "update" as the task being performed, and for some it says "none"

Am I lead to believe that it should have this all worked out for me? Or should I be unchecking / checking something that isn't already checked / unchecked.

Sorry for being so cautious, but I'm pretty sure this is what killed my "OS" to being with T_T

Thanks

Alright. I have downloaded the new OS from the link, and have opened desktop manager.

I've opened application loader and am now at the screen where it says "Device Application Selection"

For most of the checked boxes it says "update" as the task being performed, and for some it says "none"

Am I lead to believe that it should have this all worked out for me? Or should I be unchecking / checking something that isn't already checked / unchecked.

Sorry for being so cautious, but I'm pretty sure this is what killed my "OS" to being with T_T

Thanks
    check mark what you need and uncheck what you do not. For instance i unchecked all language support to free up memory. If you uncheck something you did not want to you can check mark it again in the future.

By the way make sure that you back up your info to the computer first. click on backup and restore, then backup.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 08-10-2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you don't know what you are doing on the blackberry just leave it as it is. Unless there is something that says remove and you're not sure you really don't need it, you should be all right

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey It worked! Sorry for the late response. ALL IS WELL

You guys are great, glad to know there is somewhere to get such great help- was panicing there for a minute.

iroonigrl1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am actually having the same problem Forestednigh has had.

I tried my best to follow the steps but it still hasn't fixed the problem!

Please help! I just got this phone last week! :/

iroonigrl1 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I dl a new OS? What does OS even stand for? I have the Desktop Manager on my PC already.

What am I doing wrong?! Please help! Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast