Hello All, I have been seeing a strange problem with my pearl over the past ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bhavik23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with Keys and Trackball - Please HELP!

Advertisement

Hello All,

I have been seeing a strange problem with my pearl over the past few days. for some reason , the trackball keeps getting pressed multiple times even if I just hit it once. Sometimes I even hit some other key like the go back button or the End call button and it appears to pressing the trackball button. I have never seen something like this. Due to this my phone sent out blank text messages and emails to many of my contacts. The trackball wont even scroll to the left.

I thought this could be a software glitch so I backed up all my contacts and update the handheld software to 4.21.107....but I still see the problem. The phone is practically unusable right now.

Has someone seen something like this..can somebody help me with this.

Thanks!!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I had a problem like this on my 8100, trackball wouldn't scroll correctly, it just might need to be cleaned. The way I do my is lick my finger then use that finger to scroll in all different directions using the trackball. Though this isn't advised by others, it kept me from taking my berry apart.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

bhavik23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What I am seeing sometimes is the phone is on my desk..I am not pressing any key but still my pearl tries to reply to the last message in my inbox. I do not have a SIM card in there so it keeps on resending it, even without me not pressing any button.

My phone is over a year and a half old..so Tmobile wont replace and it...and RIM said it would cost me 190$ for them to repair it. I certainly dont want to spend so much!!

Does it still sound like a dirty trackball issue??

exile211 no está en línea Stack level 2
    is it also registering letters like o and u randomly. it doesnt sound like a dirty ball that would just cause unsmooth tracking. but it clicking repeatedly would be a dirty contact point even if your not even touching the phone if the metal spot under it is dirty then a slight breeze will cause the phone to go crazy and start calling the last person in your log, or even worse if you have the pad locked it may try to make emergency calls. mine has done this three times within two months im on my third phone im still under warranty. i think its my anxiety and sweaty hands causing it. your already out of warranty id suggest trying to clean it yourself but thats risky.

exile211 no está en línea Stack level 2
    find a friend with the same phone with warranty and be creative

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    You maybe should try (it's worth a shot) to completely wipe the device and re-install the OS

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lift the silver retaining ring with a finger nail and drop the trackball assembly into your hand. Use compressed air on it, and the aperature it came out of. Manipulate the ball in every direction with the tip of a QTip very lightly dipped in rubbing alcohol. Allow the assembly to thoroughly dry before reinstalling, making sure to position the prongs on the base of the rings properly and depressing evenly.
    A side note would be to inspect the contact plate that the trackball assembly rests upon in the handheld for any irregularity.
    A new trackball assembly can be ordered from a company here in the U.S. for $12.99 at:
    www.bbtrackball.com