I am having two problems with incoming calls: 1) This happens occasionally. My phone rings. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

smarkow no está en línea Stack level 2

Problem with Incoming Calls

Advertisement

I am having two problems with incoming calls:

1) This happens occasionally. My phone rings. I take it out of my pocket and press the green "Phone' button to answer the call. However, the call is not accepted. The phone just keeps ringing and ringing. Following that, I lose the functionality of all keys for about 2 minutes. Then, for no reason, it starts to work again. Any thoughts on why I cannot answer some of my incoming calls?

2) This also happens occasionally. My phone rings. I look to see who is calling me. The incoming number appears, but the name associated with that number does not. I assure you that this person's number is saved in my address book. I have gone to the Tmobile store numerous times, but they have no thoughts. Their only idea is that I have too many people's names stores in my address book. They told me the limit, and there is no way I am over that limit. Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Problem with Incoming Calls

First of all, welcome to the Stacks, you're in the right place to get your issues resolved.

Have you tried to do any basic troubleshooting yet? i.e. I would suggest starting with a Battery Pull reset to see if that fixes it. Remove the battery, leave it out for 1-2 minutes, and replace it and allow the phone to reboot.

If you've already done that, or after doing that the problem is still occuring, post back here and we'll try some other steps.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Thanks for the welcome.
    I have done a Battery Pull Reset, but the problem still persists. I am attempting another battery pull reset now.

wakeboarder2 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same exact problem with my blackberry, its really frustrating. This is my second blackberry due the problem, I called T-mobile and they had me do the phone resetting and taking the battery out neither actually solved the problem just pro-longed them till they happened again. My new pearl didn't seem to have the problem till about two weeks ago. Im not sure what the problem is but i just solve it with ignoring the phone call and calling the person right back. Bad solution but I've tried everything else.

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad

What software OS are you both running? You can check by goint to Options> About. It is the Third line. Should look like this v4.2.1.107.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by smarkow
    2) This also happens occasionally. My phone rings. I look to see who is calling me. The incoming number appears, but the name associated with that number does not. I assure you that this person's number is saved in my address book. I have gone to the Tmobile store numerous times, but they have no thoughts. Their only idea is that I have too many people's names stores in my address book. They told me the limit, and there is no way I am over that limit. Any thoughts?
    Looks to me like you have same number entered under two or more contacts, so phone can't decide which name to display.
    Like, if you have
    +1 555 5555 Mike
    +1 555 5555 Siggurdsson, Mike
    phone will always show just number, not name...

It is common error (I have done that many times) and is not exclusive to BB devices - most mobile phones will behave in same way.

So I suggest to check contacts and see if there are duplicates...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

My OS is v4.2.1.107.
    I do not have the same number entered under two or more contacts, as suggested in the previous post.
    Any other suggestions? This is driving me crazy!!!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

1) I would try an reload the OS on the phone. Use This post and it should help.

2) go into options, security options, general settings, set content protection to disabled and include address book no, then save.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 11-26-2007 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    1) I would try an reload the OS on the phone. Use This post and it should help.

2) go into options, security options, general settings, set content protection to disabled and include address book no, then save.

Hope it helps.

1) This is a brand new phone, so the OS was just loaded on here.
    2) I changed the content protection to "disabled" and changed the Include Address book to "No." Hopefully that will help

Thanks

hakimmmmm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Founder View Post
    Looks to me like you have same number entered under two or more contacts, so phone can't decide which name to display.
    Like, if you have
    +1 555 5555 Mike
    +1 555 5555 Siggurdsson, Mike
    phone will always show just number, not name...

It is common error (I have done that many times) and is not exclusive to BB devices - most mobile phones will behave in same way.

So I suggest to check contacts and see if there are duplicates...
    i had the same problem
    i live in Turkey n my dad lives in Afghanistan lolzzz hard to blieve . anyway i saved my dad s number in contacts like 009799.......... but whn my dad called me i see the +9799 not THE NAME so i changed the number in contacts to +9799.... n problem solved hope will solve urz cheers

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by smarkow View Post
    1) This is a brand new phone, so the OS was just loaded on here.
    These devices are mass produced. It is possible to get a BB that is missing or has corrupted software. It's not unheard of. I still would say to reload the OS on the phone.