Ive had a set of stereo headphones for about a month now, they worked fine, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

grahamy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2436056d

Problem with headphone jack

Advertisement

Ive had a set of stereo headphones for about a month now, they worked fine, but now they will only work about 15% of the time, and if you move it, they will cut out and the speaker will start playing the music.

When I had the single ear bud that came with it, it would work no problem, but now even thats not working properly.

My question is has any one else had this problem, or is it just mine?
    and has any one used the jack converter that you buy from radioshack? cause that never worked either.

thanks

benison_123 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Problem with headphone jack

the problem you could be having in the contacts in the connector in the phone have come loose or gotten spread out. i had a problem like that with an mp3 player i just had to open it up and squeeze the connectors back into place...that could be the problem..i work at radioshack and i know the connector doesn't work with the blackberry pearl, so i got a pair of the bodyglove ear canal headphones with the 2.5mm phone jack and the sound is excellent..they were $34.99 i believe. before i bought those earphones i bought another jack converter at a different place for like 5 bucks that worked, but the sound quality sucked with any headphones i used with it. Hope this helps

bratleybrown no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Problem with headphone jack

~via BB I'm not sure if this relates buy I've had my pearl for a few months and NO complaints but I plugged my earphone jack in one day and ever since the "default" handset speaker doesn't work. What gives? (wap.pinstack.com)~