Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i just got my first bb today exciting, yet little overwhelming. luckily i have the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ic
    ic no está en línea Stack level 1

problem with email on 8100

Advertisement

i just got my first bb today

exciting, yet little overwhelming. luckily i have the .64 version already installed so i dont have to go through the process.

anyway, i set up my email for yahoo and gmail on line. it appears fine on my icon on the phone, but i am not getting emails. i sent myself numerous test emails and none of them come through. also, i dont know how to access inbox etc. i did send an email to myself from the bb and it worked fine, so i guess i am just not looking at the right thing.

please advise.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    It can take 20 minutes fom when you set-up to start recieving them has it been that long?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    have you restarted it (take battery out for 30 secs)?

ic
    done both. restarted twice and it has been over an hour since i set it up.

does the bb upload past emails as well? will i see all emails like i do on google?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    i say wait a little longer and if you still cant get them, call your service provider.

no, the bb will not show your emails you had before you set it up. but you could always forward them to your bb

ic
    ok, yahoo works, google not so much.

i can access yahoo through the web as well, logging in to my inbox. i couldnt figure out how to do the same for google, does anyone have an experince with that?

is gmail even compatible with bb? maybe i am setting up somethingthat doesnt work.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ic
    ok, yahoo works, google not so much.

i can access yahoo through the web as well, logging in to my inbox. i couldnt figure out how to do the same for google, does anyone have an experince with that?

is gmail even compatible with bb? maybe i am setting up somethingthat doesnt work.
    Who is your service provider? Second, gmail works fine with mine. I've never had troubles with it. Can you explain what you have done already? This might help others to help you better rather than suggesting things you might have already done.

zaitsev no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have T-Mobile and just upgraded to Cingular OS .69. I have the same problem -- Gmail messages are not coming through the BB. The Gmail application works fine -- emails are there, but they are not getting pushed to the bb through the regular Messages.

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233
    Try deleting the email accounts online and from the phone, then reset the email accounts up online, and pull the battery and everything should be fine. Normally with T-mobile it takes 20mins tops...
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

ic
    i have t mobile.

i have registered my email on line.

yahoo works, gmail doesnt.

i guess i will try delteing it and setting it up again

ic
    also yahoo only works if an email is sent to INBOX. if it is filtered into any other folder it does not resend the email to the bb

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233
    Also in gmail you need to log into your gmail account online via www.gmail.com and go to your settings and make sure pop forwarding is enabled.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

changstrom no está en línea Stack level 2
    Gmail has been having issues for some people for the last 2? days? There's a post on the T-Mo section. This happened a month ago too. Your BB is probly fine, you just have to let RIM and Google sort it out.

ic
    i guess you are right chnagestrom. i have been on the phone with tmobile for the past 45 minutes and we are still trying to figure it out

changstrom no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah there's a post on the Verizon forums too about some BB users not getting GMail. Probably not something T-Mo can help with for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast