Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

When I attempted to open google maps after downloading it, I didn't get an hourglass, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nbond99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

When I attempted to open google maps after downloading it, I didn't get an hourglass, it simply sat there and pressing buttons/rolling the trackball did nothing, I was forced to hold the end call button to shut the phone down. When I opened opera mini, it opened and went through the install screen. It would get to the end of the install bar, and then an error would pop up saying there was a failure to connect to the internet. When I open up the maps program thats built in, it just shows the circles and lines, it doesn't load up an image. I have internet on my phone, so that's not the problem. I don't have much information on the phone itself, I have a 2gb sd card that has all my stuff on it. Any help at all is much appreciated.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You mentioned you have internet on your phone but you didn't mention what signal you actually have. At the top of the phoen next to the signal indicator there should be 3 or four letters. It should say either gsm, gprs, or edge. Next you want to see if they are in caps or lowercase (yes it does make a difference). If the letters are anything but EDGE but in caps that means you have data but limited. If the letters are all lowercase then that means you have no data connection (even though you have a data plan). There are a few steps to remedy the issue. The first one is of course a battery pull which you have already done so let's go to the next one. Go into your settings/options (depends on theme on the name) menu. Scroll to Advanced options then scroll down to Host Routing Table. Scroll down the list till you get to one that is highlighted, it should say T-Mobile USA [########] (the numbers in the bracket are not that important). Once you are on the correct item, click the menu button and click on Register Now.

Let us know what happens once you get that done. You can check whether you have a good connection also by opening the BB browser and going to Blackberry Help page or T-Zones.

Zo

Mine has edge at the top, but it's in lowercase letters. When I went to the Host Routing Table menu, it said no entries, and I pressed the menu button on the phone, and clicked on where it said register now even though "no entries" was highlighted. After I clicked that, it said "registration message sent!"

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Lowercase "edge" means you have no data connection to BB servers. I would call T-Mobile and have them push your service books to you. You can also log into your account and have them pushed. The above statements are based off the assumption that you have at least the BB Email plan on your account.

Zo

I don't think I have the BB email plan, I don't have an icon for email. What do you suggest I do?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    If you don't have a BB Data plan (not T-Zones data for $6.99) then you will not be able to access the internet normally on a BB device. I would call and check to see what you actually have on your account.

Zo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12