Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm new, I just recently got a pearl 8100, and I've been having some problems ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nbond99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with downloaded programs

Advertisement

I'm new, I just recently got a pearl 8100, and I've been having some problems with programs I've downloaded. With the opera mini browser, when I installed it it would give me an error at the end saying it failed to connct to the internet. Now, when I downloaded google maps, it won't even open the program, but everything else opens when I click on it. Any help would be appreciated. My service is T mobile by the way.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Nbond, do you have the APN entered for your Carrier in TCP? This is done in Options>Advanced Options>TCP, for t-mobile it is wap.voicestream.com
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    ...and welcome to Pinstack. Also, are you having any signal issues? That might cause a problem with pgms that require a connection. Just a thought.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

i put in that setting, and still google maps refuses to load. Also, my signal is good, so I don't think that's it. Is there anything else it could be?

Quote Originally Posted by nbond99 View Post
    i put in that setting, and still google maps refuses to load. Also, my signal is good, so I don't think that's it. Is there anything else it could be?
    SO did Opera start working ok? If it did you might delete and reinstall Google maps - it's not that much trouble and recycle your phone after you do. See if that works - you can get it at:

http://www.google.com/mobile/gmm/index.html
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    SO did Opera start working ok? If it did you might delete and reinstall Google maps - it's not that much trouble and recycle your phone after you do. See if that works - you can get it at:

http://www.google.com/mobile/gmm/index.html
    Opera mini still refused to work. I deleted them both, but what does it mean to recycle your phone? Sorry, I'm new.

It's what we call a battery pull because, when you pull your battery and put it back in, your phone reboots. A BETTER way is to download Soft Reset from this site:

http://www.geekandproud.net

and do it that way. It's a little hard on the phone to keep pulling and replacing the battery. Soft reset does the same thing and it's free.

Thank you very much for putting up with me, you're extremely helpful. I'm going to try that out now.

Thank you very much for putting up with me, you're extremely helpful. I'm going to try that out now.
    You're welcome. We're all glad to help. You'll be helping out soon yourself - keep posting. Good luck and have fun in the stacks.

Alright, I did a soft reset, I have my APN set to the right thing, but when I reinstalled google maps, i clicked it to start it up, and my phone just froze and the only way out is to turn off the phone. Any suggestions?

Let's back up. (You might update your profile as soon as you can and we can tell the answers to the following):

What OS are you running? You can find out by going to Options: About (for example I'm ''v 4.2.2.184, (platform 2.5.0.40) It's different for different devices. Also do you have that OS downloaded on your p-c - they need to be the same?

Who's your provider? It's possible we have a OS problem. You don't have to have the latest version but it'd be better if it's a recent one. Did you buy the pearl new or get it from another user.

I have T mobile, I got the phone brand new, and it's v4.2.1.107 with platform 2.3.0.83 I don't have any OS on my computer, and I didn't download an OS either. Hope that helps.

I have T mobile, I got the phone brand new, and it's v4.2.1.107 with platform 2.3.0.83 I don't have any OS on my computer, and I didn't download an OS either. Hope that helps.
    You ought to be fine with that OS and you're not using Desktop Manager so not having it on the p-c is fine too.

I may see if we can get some help - I'm out of ideas. I just came from using a pearl and still use t-mo and I had no problems with Google maps. Hang in there.

Okay. Thanks.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    When you attempt to open Google Maps, what exactly happens?

Do you just start hourglassing?

How about Opera Mini...What all stages is it going through?

And last but not least, how much information do you have on your BlackBerry, and do you have the ability to do a backup on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast