My boss and I keep losing contact because his Blackberry will put me on hold ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

callonhold no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with calls going automatically on hold..

Advertisement

My boss and I keep losing contact because his Blackberry will put me on hold without him pressing anything (to his knowledge). Has anyone else encountered a problem with this or with the hold feature? Is there any way to make it more difficult to put your active call on hold?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Problem with calls going automatically on hold..

not that I am aware of sorry. maybe someone who has encountered this issue will come by soon to answer it.

Welcome to Pinstack too.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Re: Problem with calls going automatically on hold..

Does your boss have a pearl? If so what OS version is he running? I've never had that problem but here's my two cents... or maybe its just a cent and a half...

As far as i know the only way to put a call on hold is either to click the trackball twice or to push the menu button, scroll down, and then click the trackball. To my knowledge there isnt a hot-key to hold a call, and if im correct it doesnt seem that likely that he could do it by accident.

Either your boss's opinion of you isnt as high as you think it is and this isnt quite as accidental as he wants you to believe, or (a much more likely possibility is that) it is just a little software glitch that an OS upgrade/reinstall should take care of. A third possibility is that it is actually a hardware issue with the unit its self in which case he would need to speak to his service provider about getting a replacement. But if i were a gambling man, i would put my money on the OS upgrade. Try it first and if that doesnt work see about a replacement... and if that doesnt work then you should probably have a sit-down with the old boss...

Hope this helps, and welcome to the stacks