HI, I HAD MY 8130 FLASHED TO METROPCS, WITH INTERNET AND MMS... TRYING TO INSTALL ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AZRAKSIMON no está en línea Stack level 1

Question PROBLEM WITH BB GETTING INTERNET BECAUSE OF MSN

Advertisement

HI, I HAD MY 8130 FLASHED TO METROPCS, WITH INTERNET AND MMS...
    TRYING TO INSTALL MSN SOMEHOW I LOST MY "SERVICE BOOKS" AND WITH THEM ALL MY INTERNET AND MMS CONFIG.

IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN FIX THIS WITHOUT PAYING FOR FLASHING IT AGAIN???

I AM NEW WITH THIS BB THING, AND HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO FIND THE FILES AGAIN

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Often times a battery pull will restore your service books. If not, go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Menu/Register Now Then go to your email setup icon, log in to your BIS account and resend your service books. You can also call your provider's CS and have them resend your service books if you have trouble.

What do you mean by paying for flashing it????

Also, what MSN were you trying to install???

Lastly, please do not post in all caps, no need to yell at us
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I have the bb flashed to metropcs, mening that the carrier does not send me any service book, as far as I know... I called customer service and nothing!

I'm trying to fix it myself instead of going to the same store and pay them to do it....

the thing is that I think I'll need to flash it again because of the missing information that I lost....

I'm looking for a software that could read the configuration from another bb that we have and write it to mine.... the thing is that we have another blackberry working fine but also with msn problems...

I douwnloaded the msn live messenger, im+, web messenger and many others and it seems that some ports are disabled or unavailable...
    msn messenger gives me the "service not enabled for this handheld... " thing....

thanks for replying.. I'm really lost with this phone

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Have you set up the data plan? and inputed your phone info IME etc, on it?
    also you can configure your apn and MMS settings, just need to know which carrier you are using, to get you the right info.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

I am using MetroPcs...

I have the data plan and everything, my carrier said that there is no limitation with data... and they do not have any type "service book"
    so far i feel like by myself.... and of course... with a phone with no internet hahahahaha!

ok. back to the topic... my carrier does not send me any info at all... and I have all the services needed...

do you have any idea?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    "I'm looking for a software that could read the configuration from another bb that we have and write it to mine".

Have you tried the device switch wizard on DM? If you have another BB already setup like that, it may be possible to transfer it to the new device through your DM
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 06-10-2009 at 03:54 AM.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Also, did you ever do a back up? You can try a restore of the saved back up info.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

tried already and nothing.... desktop manager transfer files but no configurations...

somehow I lost my browser configuration and do not have access to it....

no success with backup or transfer from one device to another...

looking for a software that would allows me to reconfigure the browser or at least transfer the files from one to the other...

thank you gus for helpning me...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    OK, I'm kind of confused as to why your carrier would say they don't have/can't send you the service books. Every carrier that supports blackberry sends out service books to the blackberry that enable it to work on their network.

I also don't understand how installing msn messenger could cause these issues.

Has this blackberry ever worked propery on the metropcs network? Did you buy it through them?

Also have you tried reregistering your blackberry with the network? Go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Menu/Register Now

Then go to the email setup icon, log in to your BIS(BlackBerry Internet Service) account and go to change device and make sure the correct PIN is associated with the account and re-enter your ESN to make sure that is correct. Also go to Service Books and click Send Service Books.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ok guys this is the story....

metropcs does support only the curve... and what i did was flash a pearl to the network....
    once the phone gets flashed to metropcs everything must be done thru the user not the carrier... what i mean is, the service books and all software installed on bb must be done by users... even browser programmation and other stuff....

this is why i need to do it myself or end up paying for get it done!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Oh wow so your truely hacking from the ground up.

I doubt this is possible, because the curve and the pearl have such different attributes (software wise as well) that the only specs you can get are from a curve, they will not be able to work correctly on the pearl, its just like trying to put a different os version from a pearl on a curve.

They actually have no appriate image to get the flash parameters from in the first place. my recommendation would be dont even try, and they should not have claimed to be able to do it in the first place since there is no guarantee that anything you do after is going to make it so the phone will keep the settings no matter what you install.

And flashing is a sure quick way for a novice to brick his phone.

Maybe you can find someone here with more flashing experiance than I, (havent dont much of that since i bricked a 800$ router 3 or 4 years ago. lol

anyway good luck in which ever way you go.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

JodyMac no está en línea Stack level 1

Having the same MetroPCS trouble, with Legal MetroFlash

Metro PCS is now flashing other Blackberry units, mine is the Curve like the one they sell. They use HoudiniSoft and it is not compatable with Blackberry. I paid for a used (Almost New) BB Curve 8330, at a MetroPCS store. I paid the COrporate store to use MetroFlash on it. I was told I would have no problem setting up with wizard, and I input everything correctly according to the techno geek at Metro.

I came home and found my internet and Pic messaging is not working. I have been calling, or at the store with the management since Saturday night.

I am worn out. I even missed a day of work this week. I cannot believe this. I needed the BB for work, and I am out the money...(No refunds on used phones after three days...even after I been trying to make it work).

I went to another phone repair shop today, and they tried to install Service Books, and actually got them in, but they caused an "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" on it, and I can no longer use my memory card for some reason.

I have followed advice on this site and others, trying to resend service books, and tried to restore my phone to new... same exception error.

I think it must be criminal for Metro PCS to offer the special Blackberry package, which I am paying them for, and to say that they will not send proper data to maintain the phone, because it was not a "metro phone". It doesn't matter that I bought it at one of their Retailers. I was told I should have bought a new Curve. My Curve is not theirs, so they will not help me.

I am thinking of calling a lawyer.

I only saved $75.00 and I have lost a day of work, and spent $40.00 in gas going back and forth between stores and service techs. Great deal huh!

If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it, I am stuck with what I could get with a "Plain-Jane" phone.

Thank you!

sabonge no está en línea Stack level 1

Did anyone got this issue resolved, i have the same problem

i have a curve 8330 recently flash to metropcs, data activated by the provider, but i am not able to run any applications that uses data. such as blackberry maps, send emails, or access any sites that require it like opera.mini.com so i am stuck with metroweb c r a p. any ideas on how to solve this issue? or I need to buy a metropcs curve?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hi and welcome to Pinstack. You shouldn't need to buy a device from them if yours was flashed to them. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table. Press your menu key and select 'Register Now', to re-register your handset with the carrier. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to have the service books resent as it sounds like they may be missing. If they give you webpage to login to for your BlackBerry email, login there and you should see a link that says 'Send Service Books' or something to that effect. If not, call the carrier and have the push them to your device.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS