Let me preface this post with the following statement: I have had my Pearl for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kevmack11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with Battery - Need some help

Advertisement

Let me preface this post with the following statement: I have had my Pearl for 3 days and this is my first Blackberry, or PDA of any type for that matter. I am not incredibly computer savvy compared to most on this board, but I'm not stuck in the 1990's either. My problem is as follows:

My battery life has been fantastic until today. I charged my phone the entire night and started the day with a fresh battery. Now, 5 hours later, my battery just died. I have spent about 20 minutes of talk time, played about 5 minutes worth of "Brick Breaker" or whatever the preloaded game on the phone is, and browsed the net for about 5 minutes. Last night, I downloaded the game "Drug Wars" off of some website. Do adding applications like that use up battery even if you aren't playing them? Also, if I simply exit out of the browser without properly going through Menu>Close, etc. does that keep using up battery? I'm perplexed as to why my battery is draining like it is today when it has been great up until this point.

Also, how do I delete stuff like this stupid "Drug Wars" off my phone? Do I need to plug in the USB cable and do it from my PC? Sorry for the stupid, basic questions, I'm sure a lot of this could be easily answered by actually reading the users manual. Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Last edited by kevmack11; 12-21-2006 at 04:01 PM.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    To remove apps use Options-advanced-applications and delete.
    Unless you close apps they run in the background. To see what's running hold ALT and press Back, keep holding alt and you can scroll to see what's running. 5 run always (phone, browser, BB messenger, homescreen, and messages).
    One thing that will drain the battery quick is if your'e somewhere that you don't get a signal. It will constantly search and use battery. Shut off the radio.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

kevmack11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks!

When I get home I'll charge it up and see if I had something else running!

cyclothymic no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
    To remove apps use Options-advanced-applications and delete.
    Unless you close apps they run in the background. To see what's running hold ALT and press Back, keep holding alt and you can scroll to see what's running. 5 run always (phone, browser, BB messenger, homescreen, and messages).
    One thing that will drain the battery quick is if your'e somewhere that you don't get a signal. It will constantly search and use battery. Shut off the radio.
    You have just answered my question on another thread - ALT Back is the BB version of Windows Task Manager.

Thank You - and have a happy christmas

203E2A40

chipperjatl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks

I had the EXACT same problem today. I'll let it charge and check it later.

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    I hear having Bluetooth enabled all the time is a battery hog.

jayhoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have also found that say you have your BB in the holster, but the pearl moves it will keep draining the battery as the screen will constantly be enabled.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceInPants
    I hear having Bluetooth enabled all the time is a battery hog.
    Bluetooth can totally kill a battery... when you don't plan on using it, shut it off!