Hi all, new to the forum, thanks in advance for your help and advice! My ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Wand no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with Application Loader

Advertisement

Hi all, new to the forum, thanks in advance for your help and advice!

My question is, I am trying to load Color Pearl, but when I open application loader it wont let me just add this application. It also wants to update almost everything else on my pearl including the OS. I have uncheked all of the boxes and the the action it states for each item is none, exept the OS which says Update, and is grayed so I can't uncheck it. I know that I have the latest OS on my pearl that I have on my PC (4.2.0.73). I have loaded .71 prior to this, and I know that application loader had made the mistake before of thinking .071 was newer than .073 (cingular tech said it was a bug). Does anyone know how to remove the reference to .071 from application loader so it doesnt want to downgrade me? Also, would this be the only reason (if it is the reason) that I cant load a single application without it trying to change everything else?

Sorry for the long explanation..

Mike

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Problem with Application Loader

Are you sure you haven't installed a newer OS to your PC?
    To remove an OS go to your Control Panel, Add remove programs and remove the version your don't want. It should be Blackberry Handheld etc etc. That should get rid of the version you don't want. It's really strange though that it would want to update, if you were up to date. You may want to double check that.

Hope this helps. Post back and let me know how it goes.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

I am assuming (since I am not familar with it) that Color Pearl is a 3rd party software you are adding. Have you clicked on add and searched for that particular softwares alx file? Any more details you can provide would be valuable to helping you further.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

you should open up add/remove programs and remove the new OS you have on your pc if you're not going to update the OS.

then re-open DM and then app loader -> you should be able to just add the color pearl alx and be done

Thanks everyone for your help. You guys are fast!!

I uninstalled .71, and it still thought I needed an update, so I uninstalled .73, and now it will let me just load color pearl. Not sure why it thinks I need an update when its looking at the exact file I loaded my OS from in the first place, but no big deal for now.

One more issue.. When I tried installing Color Pearl, the process was stopped due to an invalid electronic signature on the file Colorpearl.cod. Is there a security setting I can change for this or is it maybe just a bad copy of the file?

Thanks again!!

Mike

PIN/ID
    STACK

so what version of the OS is on your pearl?
    I'm not sure about the security settings of a BES, it maybe conflicting with that. It depends on your IT policy with your company.

My OS is 4.2.0.73. I hadn't thought of that, it could very well be a policy from the company. I work for a big telco and they like to block everything. The fact that I even have admin rights on my PC is a miracle. Oh well, I'm sure I'll live with my pearl being white. haha! At least this solves the installation problem so I can load other apps I might need.

Thanks!

Mike

PIN/ID
    STACK

Anytime Mike! Welcome to the Stacks...where are my manners?

bloock no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey Wand!

If you have the Pearl 8130, you cannot use the color pearl app. The 8130 CANNOT change the color of the ball, just so you know.

I found this out as well. Wish it wasn't true, but unfortunately, it is. White is what it is for the 8130.