Suddenly, when someone calls and the answer/ignore incoming call screen pops up, I can't select ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mathyoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with Answer/Ignore

Advertisement

Suddenly, when someone calls and the answer/ignore incoming call screen pops up, I can't select Ignore-the trackball seems to be disabled when that window comes up. Any suggestions?

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Problem with Answer/Ignore

If I am understanding you correctly you don't need to use the trackball to ignore the call. You just have to press the red end key and it will ignore the call.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Welcome to the stacks.

Try a batt pull, phone on battout 30 sec then back in.

that may help. Post back!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me

Tried a Battery pull?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

What OS are you running? This was a little glitch in earlier versions of it. Maybe upgrade?

Also the ignore will just hang up the line, so they person calling will know you're avoiding them. Using the MUTE/Standby button on the top left is better.

I'm trying a battery pull right now to see if that helps. I thought Ignore just sent the person directly to voice mail?

For the record, I'm running v4.2.1.107, which is the latest version posted on T-Mobile's site. I'm hesitant to install a more recent version from somewhere else-how risky is that?

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah if you press Ignore it does send the person straight to voicemail. But if the ringer is what you want to silence, you just have to press one of the volume keys on the right side of your phone. This will silence the call or make your phone stop vibrating, but the call is still continuing on.
    ~Lauren

interesting. BTW, the battery pull didn't help.

cupiecat no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245061B0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I know this is off topic and I apologize. Is there a way to stop and call from going to voice mail? I would like to ignore certain callers with a busy signal. Would this require a third party app? If so, then which one is the best for this type of thing? Thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

yea it would be a third party application.

Or a third party voicemail. I use Youmail. http://www.youmail.com/login/index.do

There's options just to totally not answer it or you can have the message sound like a busy signal. But if you use the busy signal, won't they call again? Just curious. There is an option just to ditch them voicemail too. I enjoy the site, it's great for personalization. Keep in mind it will use your Call forwarding minutes. Not sure what carrier you have, but TMO we only have 500 of these included in the plans.

Hope that helps.