Hello all, Need some help. Downloaded the darn DST patch today and now my device ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jiffer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204EFB0F

Smile Problem - USB Device not recognized

Advertisement

Hello all,

Need some help. Downloaded the darn DST patch today and now my device manager does not recognize my Pearl anymore .... keep getting USB device not recognized .... tells me that my COM 4 port is disabled - when I try to reprogram it - nothing happens. Can anyone help me ? Do I need to reload my DM ? - if so, my disk is presently at the office ;-( I'm currently running the .71 program and have never had problem with the DM prior to today.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Problem - USB Device not recognized

Aight, have u tried going to Options/Connection Settings and changing it to USB instead of diff COMs. If that aint working, u might have to reinstall your DM Software. If that wont fix the problem then u might as well have to reinstall your USB drive.

Let us know how it goes

PIN/ID
    204EFB0F

On the DM, Option/Connection Setting were at USB - I've also reinstalled the DM Software - got the SP1 from RIM.

When I first plug in ...USB device is identified .... then I'm told that it is an unknown device ...and then pop up tells me that one of the USB device connected to the computer has malfunctionned and that Windows does not recognize it. All the while, the DM says disconnected. Phone does not appear as an external drive on My Computer (Windows XP). Really don't know what to do next. SHould I change the OS on the phone - I'm currently running .71. PLease help !!!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Jiffer, does your 8100 function well otherwise? You might want to try another USB Cable to see if that is the issue.

PIN/ID
    204EFB0F

Will give that a try tomorrow once I can get another USB wire from the office .... must say, other than that - phone i working great ! Thanks !

karmalaw no está en línea Stack level 1

I just had the same problem.. it was the USB cable.

CharmedTC no está en línea Stack level 2

i had the same problem, i turned off my virus protection and then did it, and it recognized the usb, then i turned the protection back on. Hope that helps!

doutry no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok i read that stuff and will try it but i think it might be the usb cord but my brothers works fine with it. i had a diff one then my dogs ate it so i am usin his now but my comp does not recognize my bb pearl. and either my brothers or sis lost my DM disk so i cant reinstall the program. please help

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did you shut down and restart the computer? This wiill allow the drivers to be saved in the registery during the shutdown.

doutry no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes i have restarted my compter. but now shut down. i will try that now also this is my my comp says when i connect it

USB Device Not Recognized
    one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize is. for assistance in solving this problem, click this message.

buton no está en línea Stack level 2
    try a different usb cable, that worked for me...weird but it worked