I bought the BB Pearl 8100, and installed the BB desktop. I manage my contacts ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bronzo no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem Sync BB with outlook

Advertisement

I bought the BB Pearl 8100, and installed the BB desktop. I manage my contacts and address book of contacts with Outlook 2003 and have Windows XP Pentium 4 PC.

The problem is that I just canˇt sync my BB with outlook. I open the desktop, go into sync and then I go to configuration, but whenever y try to click on the Outlook preference, i get a message that says
    "Blackberry handheld tools tools desktop manager has encountered a problem and needs to close". That doesn't happen with other options like Outlook express or lotus notes, but I really need to use the contacts and calendar of Outlook.

PLs, if anyone knows the solution, let me know.

Thank you.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Problem Sync BB with outlook

ok, so once you get to the configuration tab, do you click configure sync?

is this the first time you have tried to sync?

maybe you need to reinstall the desktop manager. are you using the one that came with the disk sent with your pearl?

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

I get this from time to time and don't know why - pain in the a**. What does work to fix it is to reset the configuration. Pain is that you then need to tell it where to get your contacts etc, but this only takes a minute to do. Should work OK after that.

TAH
    TAH no está en línea Stack level 2

I thought you could not sync with Outlook at all??

CaliCrocus no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Problem Sync BB with outlook

Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams View Post
    I get this from time to time and don't know why - pain in the a**. What does work to fix it is to reset the configuration. Pain is that you then need to tell it where to get your contacts etc, but this only takes a minute to do. Should work OK after that.

This worked! Easy peasy! THANKS BUNCHES!
    Perfect behavior is born of complete indifference.

regis.arnold no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello,

I use a PC with oulook xp. I have the 8120. I configure desktop manager to sync both calendar and contacts with my BB. when i finish configuring it says that's ok and when I click on finish. it says there is an error and the program can't find the file in the table or something like that. I tried everything I could. I now start being hopeless.

Can someone help please ??? I still have no contact in my BB and use a paper note, it's a shame !

Please !!!

crucial24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know for the 8100 outlook sync will not work!

2gwm no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am running Vista Ultimate as well as the latest Desktop Manager and Outlook download smoothly each time! Great way to keep track of my contacts and update all of them both on my PC and BB!
    Larry in Long Beach, CA

Please can someone give me an advice or a tip to help me sync outlook with my BB 8120. Just to give you some more details my laptop under xp is from my company thus my outlook is also linked to the microsoft exchange server. does it have any impact ?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    1. Unregister the old Microsoft Outlook connector ilxolkCompanion.fil.
    2. Open the command prompt.
    3. Type "cd C\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector" without quotes.
    4. Type in the command regsvr32 -u ilxolkCompanion.fil.
    5. Type "cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector" without quotes.
    6. Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil.
    Once you have done this try configuring your synchronization again in Desktop manager
    Last edited by markgallant; 04-10-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Thank you markgallant for this post.
    Since my laptop was given to me by my company, will this command blow up the microsoft outlook connection to the company's server ?

to do "Unregister the old Microsoft Outlook connector ilxolkCompanion.fil."

I have to :
    1. Open the command prompt.
    2. Type "cd C\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector" without quotes.
    3. Type in the command regsvr32 -u ilxolkCompanion.fil.
    4. Type "cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector" without quotes.
    5. Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil.
    That's it ?
    Last edited by regis.arnold; 04-11-2008 at 03:10 AM.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is a file only related to Desktop Manager it will not affect anything with your Outlook or its connection to the server. And yes just follow the steps

Thank you very much but I have to ask my IT desk to do this because the prompt has been disable: 'only for administrator' !

I got another question: I tried to instal an application from the FT which is supposed to communicate in java only.
    Of course it didn't work so I went inside the internet browser settings and changed a lot of things.
    Now that i gave up with this application and deleted it I'd like to get all the original settings back for the browser but there is no command to do this.

Can you please tell me what are the original settings ? because I don't know if it is hazardous to stay with all the settings for java and everything on the "allowed" position for all of them.

Or at least can you tell me what need to be enable and what need to be disable in this browser settings ? I'd like to surf 'safe' !

Thank you very much for your help.

Régis