Hi all, I am new to the forum as far as posting, but am a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Soapspud no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem receiving photo messages, help!

Advertisement

Hi all,

I am new to the forum as far as posting, but am a huge fan of reading all of your great tips and pointers. They have all been a great help while I have been playing with my new Blackberry Pearl 8100.

My problem is when friends, who do not have the blackberry, are sending me text messages that also have a photo. When I try to get the photo, the message says Not Received Yet. So I click the options and do receive now, and once it is done receiving, the picture does not appear. What am I doing wrong? And how can I fix this? Is there any way to change a setting so the pictures are automatically retrieved and displayed as soon as I open the message??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I tried to look within the threads for this problem already, but didn't see anything. So if this is already posted somewhere, I apologize for the double post.

Thanks again,
    C

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Re: Problem receiving photo messages, help!

Bumping your post back up.

I hope your issue gets resolved.
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

is this just happening with the one person that is sending messages? or everyone trying to send you an MMS?

i have to do that too, but have never had a blank one

It was happening with everyone but I called T-Mobile and they walked me thru a couple really easy steps to clear out an error log thing that helped to clear it up for the most part. I was able to send myself a picture message and receive it ok. But when my mother tries sending me pictures, the message area is still blank. I don't know why it isn't working with her messages??

nsarpong no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF23E9

well, i have a few contacts that have had to send MMS messages so i can get them. this was at the beginning of march when i first got my phone. now it's fine! i get everything. i have t-mo too, so keep trying. send a pic to yourself, set up your online pic viewer thing and you should start getting them. hope it helps!

asimonse no está en línea Stack level 1

hello! I've been experiencing the same issue with T-mobile for 3+ weeks. Every week I called blackberry support and got different "answers", i.e. something down with the towers, something specific to blackberry pearl, blah blah. If they ever tell you to do a swipe -- disregard. That was the last straw and it did absolutely nothing for me.

Apparently somehow my SIM card became defective and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive. They took $5 off my bill and are sending the SIM for free (though they will not reimburse until the next billing cycle). Personally I don't think either is much of a consolation for all the grief...

Best advice I can give is to be persistent. Every other tech person was helpful - the others tried to play the empathetic card... "sorry i understand how frustrating that must be" (this must be in their handbook somewhere??) or "oh couldn't you just have your friends email photos as attachments?". They didn't seem to understand you're paying for a service that should work, doesn't matter if there is some ghetto work around. Anyway hopefully your issue will resolve itself quicker than mine! Good luck!

I just got off the phone with T-Mobile again and according to the representative I spoke to, they have been notified yesterday of problems people were having with picture and video messages on the blackberry. She said the tech people are looking into the problem but she did not see a estimated resolve date for the issue. So who knows when it will be fixed. So for those of you who are not having a problem, enjoy! The rest of us will just have to wait it out.