Hi all, Using the Desktop Manager, I've also tried installation via OTA with the same ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gaia no está en línea Stack level 1

Question problem loading 3rd party apps

Advertisement

Hi all,

Using the Desktop Manager, I've also tried installation via OTA with the same result as follows, I load a third party app in this case BB maps I can see it listed with a check box in the list of apps in the application loader. It loads properly on my BB 8100 . I then try to load a second app. No matter which app I load, when I get to the check list of apps, the BB maps app I loaded states 'downgrade' under action to be taken. I continue to load the new app and the action list says it is about to load the new app, but UNLOAD the BB maps! The message says "Unrecognized modules that will be removed:" followed by the files comprising the BB maps app.

Can anyone tell me why this is?

thanks

Gaia

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: problem loading 3rd party apps

Is the version of BB Maps that you have downloaded onto your PC older than the one on your Blackberry? That sounds like it is the problem. I would delete the install for it from your PC and this should fix the problem.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

please dont double post.

thanks

fritter

Gaia no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson
    Is the version of BB Maps that you have downloaded onto your PC older than the one on your Blackberry? That sounds like it is the problem. I would delete the install for it from your PC and this should fix the problem.
    Hi Patterson,

I downloaded the same version of BB maps using my desktop and OTA from the same web page. Should I still delete the install from PC? when I download BB maps via my PC, my PC detects my device I don't need to use the Desktop Manager to load BB maps. anyone else has any thoughts on this?

Gaia