So for almost 9 months I've been running DM 4.2 just fine and decided to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nny2k no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    20B57889

Problem after installing new DM 4.2 SP2

Advertisement

So for almost 9 months I've been running DM 4.2 just fine and decided to pull down the new 4.2 SP2.

Installed and had some problems, rebooted and lost some of my local profile in XP and with it a bunch of files in LocalSettings\Temp

Now the system is asking for Blackberry 8100.msi and won't work with DM 4.2 SP2 and I've even backed out that install, fresh reboots and installed the older 4.2 It'll work after the 1st reboot but disconnect the BB and reconnect and no luck, still asking for Blackberry 8100.msi

Does anyone know where I can get this MSI? I can't find it anywhere on the net and it's not on my BB utilities CD so where did it come from in the 1st place?

Thanks in advance everyone

bpomeroy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24450BFA

Re: Problem after installing new DM 4.2 SP2

Its in the DM software, try uninstalling and then reinstalling from scratch.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

agreed, also re-download it sounds like you may have had a hiccup, in the download
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

colmar no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nny2k
    So for almost 9 months I've been running DM 4.2 just fine and decided to pull down the new 4.2 SP2.

Installed and had some problems, rebooted and lost some of my local profile in XP and with it a bunch of files in LocalSettings\Temp

Now the system is asking for Blackberry 8100.msi and won't work with DM 4.2 SP2 and I've even backed out that install, fresh reboots and installed the older 4.2 It'll work after the 1st reboot but disconnect the BB and reconnect and no luck, still asking for Blackberry 8100.msi

Does anyone know where I can get this MSI? I can't find it anywhere on the net and it's not on my BB utilities CD so where did it come from in the 1st place?

I have

colmar no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nny2k

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM SINCE 5 DAYS ! I HAVE BEEN TRYING WHATEVER IS POSSIBLE INSTALLING AND REINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE .
    DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTION TO SORT OUT THE TROUBLE ?
    THANKS,

otwelmr no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem. I completely uninstalled it, removed all RIM references in registry then downloaded a fresh zip file from T-mobile, installed it, and still get the problem with the missing Blackberry 8100.msi file. Surely someone can help with a workaround or something. Thanks.

hurstnicholas no está en línea Stack level 1

There is a problem with a recent Windows 2000 patch that stops DMs and Pearls connecting, when previously they did, without issue.
    I don't know if this problems extends to other versions of Windows.
    i regret to say that no know fix is currently available.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

i found this thread while searching for answers on google. I'm having the same problem and so is my gf. Just started today (at least I just noticed it today). whenever we open DM, it prompts for the "blackberry 8100.msi" file and i cant kill the application unless i open task manager and terminate it that way.

its driving me insane. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall. Even tried v4.1 and it still doesnt work.

anyone figure out a solution???? Is it a recent windows update that caused this?
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Found this from google

What I would do is uninstall the Desktop Manager again, and then run the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility (if you Google that phrase you should find the web site where you can download and install it). After installing and running the MSICU, see if there are any references to the Desktop Manager or BlackBerry 8100.msi still listed. If there are, remove them. Then reboot and try to install it again.

Good luck

hurstnicholas no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nyydynasty
    i found this thread while searching for answers on google. I'm having the same problem and so is my gf. Just started today (at least I just noticed it today). whenever we open DM, it prompts for the "blackberry 8100.msi" file and i cant kill the application unless i open task manager and terminate it that way.

its driving me insane. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall. Even tried v4.1 and it still doesnt work.

anyone figure out a solution???? Is it a recent windows update that caused this?

Yes, it definately was a Windows update problem.
    A couple of weeks ago, it started working ok again - with the exception being that it seems to translate system messages that flash up during the synch boot up into what looks to me to be Hungarian! Now, how I correct that I do not know!
    It also translates the names of my fields in Outlook, when I call up a list of these to field-map, into the same gobledigook - aopolgies to any Hungarian subscribers!

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Found this from google

What I would do is uninstall the Desktop Manager again, and then run the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility (if you Google that phrase you should find the web site where you can download and install it). After installing and running the MSICU, see if there are any references to the Desktop Manager or BlackBerry 8100.msi still listed. If there are, remove them. Then reboot and try to install it again.

Good luck
    i tried that already. didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by hurstnicholas
    Yes, it definately was a Windows update problem.
    A couple of weeks ago, it started working ok again - with the exception being that it seems to translate system messages that flash up during the synch boot up into what looks to me to be Hungarian! Now, how I correct that I do not know!
    It also translates the names of my fields in Outlook, when I call up a list of these to field-map, into the same gobledigook - aopolgies to any Hungarian subscribers!
    i'll try this. if it works, then i'll post up in case anyone has this same issue lol
    Last edited by nyydynasty; 10-19-2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    www.iamletired.com

ok, finally fixed the issue. after trying to uninstall MANY MANY drivers and software to test for compatibility issues .... I ended up restoring the computer to an earlier date and it worked fine. I went through and installed some windows updates again (paying attention to which updates were being installed) and the DM software still works. I have no clue what happened, but it works and thats all I care about.

just an FYI for those who are having the same issues.
    www.iamletired.com

uk25596 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am havign the same issue - has anyoneresolved it yet??

I have uninstall the Desktop Manager again, and then cleared the registry and then run the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility. Then rebooted, then reinstalled, but NO Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it still wont work what am i missing it must be obvious