Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The problem is that every time i connect my pearl to my laptop i get ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jaileer no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: problem installing hardware - RIM blackberrysdcard usb device

Advertisement

The problem is that every time i connect my pearl to my laptop i get that error that i outlined at the top. I am also unable to use songs from my micro card as ringtones - is there a size limit?

When i go to My Computer I do not see the sd card as a drive, and when i go to device manager i see the card, but it says no drivers installed. I installed DM 4.2.2 and i'm getting the same error.

t

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Quote Originally Posted by jaileer
    The problem is that every time i connect my pearl to my laptop i get that error that i outlined at the top. I am also unable to use songs from my micro card as ringtones - is there a size limit?
    Now I'm confused... In one of your answers you wrote that you can access the Card and set the songs as a ringtone. Or did I misunderstand something?

When i go to My Computer I do not see the sd card as a drive, and when i go to device manager i see the card, but it says no drivers installed. I installed DM 4.2.2 and i'm getting the same error.

t
    What happens if you put the SD in a Cardreader? Or could you test with another card?

BTW: What SD card do you have. What manufacure and how big is the size of the card?
    Last edited by peterthill; 06-16-2007 at 03:40 AM.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by peterthill
    Now I'm confused... In one of your answers you wrote that you can access the Card and set the songs as a ringtone. Or did I misunderstand something?

What happens if you put the SD in a Cardreader? Or could you test with another card?

BTW: What SD card do you have. What manufacure and how big is the size of the card?

It is very confusing! i can access the card; I cannot set the songs as ringtones.

When I plug the pearl into my laptop i get a found new wizard box that ultimately gives the error: RIM blackberrysdcard usb device. The FIRST time iplug the pearl in after an install i can see the drive in MY Computer as a removable drive, but after i unplug the phone and plug it back in, i can no longer access the card as a drive. additionally, When i look at device manager i see the sdcard but it has a yellow exclamation point. When i click on it and select drivers i am informed the card is completely missing drivers.

Even though i am unable to view the card in My Computer as a drive, I am still able to transfer songs and pictures to the card via the Media Manager function in Desktop Manager. I am able to view the pictures and listen to the songs, but i cannot set the songs as individual ringtones.

Note that every time i plug the phone in I get the found new hardware wizard, so it isn't just something i can ignore

I do not have access to a card reader right now (out of town), but that is an excellent suggestion. I have a 1 GB Sandisk SD micro card.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Ok, here is the problem. When you transfer your music, you are putting them in the music folder, try putting them in the ringtone folder.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Ok, here is the problem. When you transfer your music, you are putting them in the music folder, try putting them in the ringtone folder.
    That solved the ringtone problem, thank you! Any more suggestions on the found new hardware errors?

to recap, i get this error every time i connect to my laptop:

problem installing hardware
    RIM blackberrysdcard usb device
    an error occured during the installation of this device
    the specified service does not exist as an installed service

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

When I plug the pearl into my laptop i get a found new wizard box that ultimately gives the error: RIM blackberrysdcard usb device. The FIRST time iplug the pearl in after an install i can see the drive in MY Computer as a removable drive, but after i unplug the phone and plug it back in, i can no longer access the card as a drive. additionally, When i look at device manager i see the sdcard but it has a yellow exclamation point. When i click on it and select drivers i am informed the card is completely missing drivers.

Even though i am unable to view the card in My Computer as a drive, I am still able to transfer songs and pictures to the card via the Media Manager function in Desktop Manager. I am able to view the pictures and listen to the songs, but i cannot set the songs as individual ringtones.
    Perhaps this could help:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers (English)
    • File name: BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers (English).msi
    • File size: 11 MB
    • Date posted: 25-May-07
    It's an USB driver from BB.

Or do you have an Firewall/Antivirusprogramm that blocks extended drives?

Edit:

When you check in DM Help - Info - Components is there a USB- / Serial-USB Driver from RIM installed?
    Last edited by peterthill; 06-17-2007 at 01:48 AM.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

i have to think it is a faulty sd card. I checked the componants and it says that the USB drivers are installed. i did a search for "rim usb" and found where the drivers were installed, then I went to device driver and tried to update the drivers and i keep getting the same error message. It has to be the card, i think! i'll try to swap out the card - i'll let you guys know. Thank you so much for all the help!

t

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12