Hello everyone, I am new to this forum as my new pearl is my first ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

prekop no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem downloading applications

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum as my new pearl is my first foray into all things blackberry. So far I am absolutely loving it, albeit to the ridicule of all that know me. I am having a major problem however. I have been trying to install various programs onto the pearl to no avail. In fact, I have yet to successfully download any. So far I have tried opera mini and ramble, but before the download finishes, it invariably says "Download Failed". I have searched high and low on this site but nothing seems to address the problem. Any and all imput is greatly appreciated.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Problem downloading applications

Are you on a Corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server? If so, they may block installing applications through IT Policy. If that's the case, there's no way around it.
    JerryD

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Prekop. If it's an IT issue, sorry. If it's not, Do you get any other message other than "Download Failed"?

I'm not on a Corportate Blackberry Enterprise Server, and I an have an unlimiyed data plan thorough TMO. I was wondering if it has anything to do with not having a memory card yet. IO wish I could I give any more info, but when trying to download an application, there will be some progress, but will always stop, saying "Download Failed". I have checked the size of the application against the available device memory, and there doesn't seem to be a problem there. Just a thought, I may be totally off base.

Prekop

Oh, and being new to the world of Blackberry, I have to say, this forum is great. It has really helped me navigate through some other minor stuff.