Got an email saying my AOL couldn't be received on my phone. Called BB support ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Problem?

Advertisement

Got an email saying my AOL couldn't be received on my phone. Called BB support for Tmobile. between the time being on hold and talk to someone (30 minutes) my phone started going very slow, the hourglass of destruction was on my screen for too long, my EDGE went edge, and let just say it sucked. I finally got a hold of the rep who told me to do a battery pull while he checked the network. Eventually my BB went to EDGE but my email was down. He tried sending me something... never got it... so he suggested re-intalling OS .107... he walked me through it, now I'm waiting for the update to occur.

I didn't think I"d have to re-install the OS... And he never did really answer my question why I received an email saying I couldn't receive on my AOL account. So 2 questions, is his suggestion a good one? (re-installing the OS) and whats up with the email? Respond ASAP please

PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Problem?

Well its done updating. Running faster now... thanks for all the speedy responses!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Cause most of the csr are retarded.... But I have been havin lots of problems with my service from tmo. I cant really call them cause I don't have a landline, but im really pissed off

wow I am insulted, but I will get over your speedy remark
    Last edited by StaceyRVC; 09-23-2007 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Yeah no problem
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

its amazing how people complain when they don't get what they want when they want it... welcome to the real world

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Ummm..yea the weekend...relaxing.

Rosco no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2206E9AE

It was the middle of the night here in Ireland, so that's my excuse!

That, and I have no idea of the problem. Possibly a tmobile network issue that the rep didn't mention? Hence the long delay with holding and pointless task used to kill some time while the network comes back up. I'm in CS, I know the tricks! Or maybe i'm just cynical.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Sorry Justyn, I was out rearranging Lava Rocks
    We can't always get to posts right away but do our very best. You did real
    well though and I'm glad you found a solution. Sorry the TMO rep wasn't much
    help either.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco
    It was the middle of the night here in Ireland, so that's my excuse!

That, and I have no idea of the problem. Possibly a tmobile network issue that the rep didn't mention? Hence the long delay with holding and pointless task used to kill some time while the network comes back up. I'm in CS, I know the tricks! Or maybe i'm just cynical.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Dude, Rosco, you're from the homeland!? Sweet bro!?

PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    Sorry Justyn, I was out rearranging Lava Rocks
    We can't always get to posts right away but do our very best. You did real
    well though and I'm glad you found a solution. Sorry the TMO rep wasn't much
    help either.
    Kudos for moving the Lava Rocks! Hey no prob guys! The rep might not have given me the answer I wanted to hear but the solution worked. Only prob was it took an hour to re-install .107 and I was expecting 2 important calls while my BB was out of commision.

And to everyone knocking T-Mobile... I will admit, most of the Techs in the stacks have more talent in a single strand of hair than alot of the TMO reps... but once the service is up and running smoothly, its a great service.

I read so many forums about how much TMO sucks, or Verizon sucks, or AT&T or all these wireless company's data plans just suck... and I've come to the conclussion... it will only get better and can't get any worse. Everyone who put a personal PC in their homes when they first came out had to call Tech Services many times. Almost 20 years later they're finally getting it right. They've now perfected the cell phone... but now they're working on Blackberries and I-Phones and PDAs. They're going to have problems, their eventually gonna get slow. Thank God for the stacks and for the little people at BB Support at our Call Centers, who can help us out with our problems. These companies don't suck, just the prices to put the Web and email in our hands. One day they will get our Blackberrys right, but that will also be the day when cell phones become a voice-activated Bluetooth sized phone... where you put it on your ear, press a button and say: "Call Lava Girl." And hear repeated back to you: "Now calling Java World." Then we'll be cussing out those little things, wishing they were like our Blackberrys!

Kay, I'm done preaching now.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^thank goodness he's done lol
    good points man...
    >>>wonders how it is in Java World...
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide