Does anyone know if there is a way to make the red button less sensitive ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Proble with 8120 switching on/off when in bag or pocket

Advertisement

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the red button less sensitive when switching on or off? On a couple of occasions the phone has switched itself on when in a bag. It's also been known to switch itself off aswell.

I usually have keypad lock on but it still manages to switch on or off randomly. Can prove a bit of a problem if I think I've switched it off and I'm in a meeting or something.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't believe there is a way to adjust the sensitvity of the power key. I think your best bet would be to keep it in the pouch that usually comes with the BB, or another case that will protect it better.

Or try setting a password to unlock the device should make it just about impossible to bump the right buttons and unlock itself or power itself on or off.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Use standby mode, hold down the mute key, the only way to take it out of standby is to hit that button again, and if you turn the radios off and keep it in standby, it'll use as much power as it being off. Also using the case that comes with the BB puts it into standby mode because it has a low level magnet that the device detects, it's another way to save power, but if you don't want to use the case, just use standby mode as described above. I don't put my BB down without standby mode.

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the advice. Do use standby already so I'll keep doing this. Have also used a password but got fed up with having to keep entering it. However that might be the best way so I'll put one on again. Thanks again.

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Password, definately dude, even if you set the timeout to like an hour, keep your blackberry secure, they cost so much cash even if you just get the upgrade, anyone can just steal it and hawk it for 450, it's one of those things that you got to protect, if they get your identity it can get so much worse. As far as the annoying part, make a slightly easier password, most people don't know how to type on a pearl anyways, chances they'll get your password within the limit of password attempts, will be minimal.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedragon64 View Post
    Password, definately dude, even if you set the timeout to like an hour. As far as the annoying part, make a slightly easier password, most people don't know how to type on a pearl anyways, chances they'll get your password within the limit of password attempts, will be minimal.

Very true indeed!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!