My phone shares Wi-Fi with our network printer. Is there any way to sync up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AUmike734 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304978F2

Printing to a network printer via UMA

Advertisement

My phone shares Wi-Fi with our network printer. Is there any way to sync up the two devices so I can print emails, attachments, etc direct from my phone?
    Last edited by AUmike734; 11-12-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: clarification of my question

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    *Bump* Not finding much but a few dead-ended threads relating to this topic... anyone out there with some insight?

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Your BB, unlke your PC or Mac has no printer driver to connect to and translate the data being sent over your wireless network to your printer. I have often wished I could also do this. My HP C7180 all in one has a bluetooth interface as well as wireless. I can send pictures to it from my BB using bluetooth and it works just fine. However, there have been times when I wished I could print emails and other items to it but it is not currently supported on the BB.

RIM.....are you reading this?

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Would be a nice feature, now that I think of it.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre Lawrence View Post
    Would be a nice feature, now that I think of it.
    My original approach on this was leveraging off of Microsoft Server 2003 / 2008 "Internet Printing" role... I think that's where the simplest solution would lie, at least for enterprise users.

I haven't had the time to do much of anything fun lately, but if anyone wants some fodder to get them rolling, I'll place the KB link below... I was mainly playing with it on Longhorn (Internet Printing) and didn't spend much time with it; I only have a mid-level experience rating on IIS. This SEEMS like it should be easy, eh?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3234....com/kb/323428

I'll try and do some more follow-up and fiddling and see what I come up with.My original approach on this was leveraging off of Microsoft Server 2003 / 2008 "Internet Printing" role... I think that's where the simplest solution would lie, at least for enterprise users.

I haven't had the time to do much of anything fun lately, but if anyone wants some fodder to get them rolling, I'll place the KB link below... I was mainly playing with it on Longhorn (Internet Printing) and didn't spend much time with it; I only have a mid-level experience rating on IIS. This SEEMS like it should be easy, eh?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3234....com/kb/323428

I'll try and do some more follow-up and fiddling and see what I come up with.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    I think I need to get my eyes checked after that last post. I think I'm seeing double.

I think I need to get my eyes checked after that last post. I think I'm seeing double.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think it was an accident that he posted twice like that.

soulmedic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    If your printer supports BlueTooth printing then there are a few third party apps that allow you to print to BT printers, one in particular that I recall from memory was BeamBerry, which I used quite a bit while still in Beta. Printing Emails and Docs via BlueTooth was nice.

That isn't the only one, just the one that I remember offhand, look around at some of the programs available from the downloads section for Bluetooth connectivity.

I used beamberry because it also allowed you to store the docs and files on their servers and have access to them from the blackberry and ten print to a printer.

As far as network printing goes, I'm looking at options now to be able to do this with my PC acting as a middleman in the transaction, either via Wifi or Bluetooth. Since my PC is almost always on, and I have a BT connection extablished for it from the BB, I can BT to my PC, and then print....I'll leave the PC to manage the print queue to the Printer...in my case via either USB or Network connected printer. I think that may be the best route for printing from the BB other than through a third party app.

Andres.