Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by sanfrancisco Chewing gum won't work. Better to use some cooked oatmeal. Bonus ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

secrecyguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Chewing gum won't work. Better to use some cooked oatmeal.

Bonus Tip: Let the oatmeal dry until hard. To speed up the drying process, microwave the phone.

Extra Bonus Tip: You may want to just squirt a big dollop of Elmer's Glue into the hole. Color with a black laundry marker if you don't have black food coloring to color the glue beforehand.

Request: If you decide to go the oatmeal/microwave route can you take a little digital movie so we can observe how it all goes? Thanks in advance.
    ASK ME ABOUT NINTENDO WII

SanFrancisco - That's a much better idea in using a video case cover and cover up the camera. That's better than damaging the phone and taking out the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    you should have just kept the camera in and put tape over it when you go places that dont allow cameras = p
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevjoshi
    Thanks Sanfrancisco! Did that cover for 2 holes. Then dropped a little epoxy glue to hold it forever...

Now I am thinking... is it time to drill holes for the speaker, now that the camera obliteration is complete? Sanfrancisco, what do you think? Is the mod worth it based on the difference in performance you saw? I think the vol of speaker is ok, although at higher volumes it rattles a bit.
    Now since the phone is now damaged, I guess it really doesn't matter what you do with it now.

So go ahead and drill some holes for the speaker. It does help little bit from what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by merrijm
    sanjeevjoshi,

Like many, having a camera on the phone creates a problem for me.
    I would love to know more detail on how to remove the camera without damage to the rest of the phone. Can you give a more detailed description of the procedure. I am assuming this is irreversible?? I am also curious if anyone (non-enterprise) has been able to disable the camera through the IT policy. It would seem to me that if you can disable it through an IT policy forced through BB enterprise, then there must be a way to do it if you are not on an enterprise server. I am planning to contact BB/RIM on Monday to see if a solution exists through this path.

If you could help us with your experience it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    EEK! Another one!

Quote Originally Posted by nvisi0n
    1: This thread made me cry.
    2: I declare SanFran the McGyver of the board.
    3: This thread made me cry.
    4: You coulda got a cheap backup phone for $25 on eBay.
    5: In Connecticut camera restricted buildings ie Courthouses/Sikorski physically check phones for cameras.
    6: This thread made me cry.
    Yes, I agree! :cry:

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~backup phone you say! What about email and calendar? I like not having dependency on lap top and network connection.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    What would be nice if someone could mass produce back covers without the camera opening...then just use it when you go into places that don't like cameras! The irony is, these places that ban camera phones etc. have their cameras trained on you!

Right. All those folks who have been telling me about disabling camera through IT Policy dont recognize that security guards dont care about IT policies... if they see a camera, off with your phone! Its that simple. Want to avoid carrying the camera in since I dont use it much anyway... who really cares about a 1.3 MB photo, are you kidding? I see these fans drooling over a Pearl photo of a bridge, a church, a car... c'mon, give me a break! What are you going to use those photos for? You can get a 1.3 M camera on a $10 keychain.

phungy no está en línea Stack level 2
    For quality, it's not the megapixels that matter. It's the type of lens. I think anything over 5M is overkill.
    BB 8100 v.4.2.0.42 Unlocked
    Accs: 1GB MicroSD, BSE Total Body Skin, Seidio Rubberized Case, BT H500

PM me for NEW OEM BB Pearl battery doors!

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevjoshi
    Right. All those folks who have been telling me about disabling camera through IT Policy dont recognize that security guards dont care about IT policies... if they see a camera, off with your phone! Its that simple. Want to avoid carrying the camera in since I dont use it much anyway... who really cares about a 1.3 MB photo, are you kidding? I see these fans drooling over a Pearl photo of a bridge, a church, a car... c'mon, give me a break! What are you going to use those photos for? You can get a 1.3 M camera on a $10 keychain.
    But then why buy a phone with a camera. There is plenty of bb's without cameras.

Its like buying a bicycle and taking one wheel off so you can have a unicycle.....

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    I basically refused to get a BB untill the Pearl came out. I myself love to have everything packed in such a small area. I would rather carry my Pearl around and be able to use the camera. AND it loads the camera ALOT faster then most cameras anyway since you have to wait for the flash or wait for it to heat up or whatever else they do. I use my Pearl to catch those Kodak moments where you wish you had a camera but.....who carries a camera with them at all times. It's great to be able to whip it out and be like BAM!!! My Phone takes better pictures then your camera you spent $250 on and I only spent $178 on my phone (employee discount).

It's nice to see that you could do it but I don't the point in it....Just get a 7105 and call it good.

Well, I actually had a 8700 before I upgraded the overall form factor to 8100; love the little handheld and what it does. All the other berries dont really fit well in jacket pockets or shirt pockets, this one is really nifty. A blackberry 8100 with no camera is actually a compelling proposition for many folks.

Kokak moments, eh.. granted 5 M is probably a bit more resolution than you really need, but 1.3 ? Have you seen how people struggle to get a good picture, play with some some editing tools, and then viola! An almost clear picture taken from a tiny handheld. Apart from those Kodak moments (which most business professionals will forgo for the choice of not having to worry about the camera problem), not really sure there's much here.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d
    There is actually a simple solution. Some friends and I had some custom phone faceplates made years ago. We looked into it online and found plenty of companies that did it. I think we paid $5 each for 50 and sold them on eBay for $10. I'm not interested in brokering this deal but I will sure take a cover if someone does. Btw... It only took 2 weeks for the complete order to be shipped!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234