Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Anybody seen or heard of battery door for 8100 without camera hole? I finally pried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2

Pried out camera, finally!

Advertisement

Anybody seen or heard of battery door for 8100 without camera hole? I finally pried out the camera since I need to go into buildings where camera phones are not allowed. Amazingly, phone still works great.

Now, if I can find a battery door without the camera hole, it would be perfect... anybody hear of one?

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Pried out camera, finally!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevjoshi
    Anybody seen or heard of battery door for 8100 without camera hole? I finally pried out the camera since I need to go into buildings where camera phones are not allowed. Amazingly, phone still works great.

Now, if I can find a battery door without the camera hole, it would be perfect... anybody hear of one?
    Your post caused me to all over my floor.

A crime has been committed. Authorities have been called.

All that aside, my answer is "no." I guess you could fashion some black electrical tape to go neatly over the hole then apply the "Best Skins Ever" on the back, perhaps reversed so that the entire BUTCHERED camera area is covered.

Black electrical tape works just fine. To further bolster this into a longer term solution, i could ofcourse insert some chewing gum...

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you should have just gotten a 8700 or 7130 they are just as good if not better and a tad bit bigger

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevjoshi
    Black electrical tape works just fine. To further bolster this into a longer term solution, i could of course insert some chewing gum...
    Chewing gum won't work. Better to use some cooked oatmeal.

Bonus Tip: Let the oatmeal dry until hard. To speed up the drying process, microwave the phone.

Extra Bonus Tip: You may want to just squirt a big dollop of Elmer's Glue into the hole. Color with a black laundry marker if you don't have black food coloring to color the glue beforehand.

Request: If you decide to go the oatmeal/microwave route can you take a little digital movie so we can observe how it all goes? Thanks in advance.

I do have a 8700, i love this handy device. Would not dream of reusing my 8700. I did not buy the 8100 for the camera at all, so I did not lose anything by taking out the camera!

Wow, folks are really intrigued by the camera removal - violation of this nice device you say! But I had to go into a building for 5 hours yesterday and had to leave the device behind, and switch SIM to my 8700...

Elmer's glue, with a little bit of carpenter's putty and modeling clay?

In all seriousness, I doubt there is such a cover. But you may want to contact RIM directly. If they don't have it, no one will.

I looked at that area. Seems you could cut a piece of black plastic to fit into that recessed area and just glue it in place.

Do you have any of those flexible black vinyl cases that videotapes come in? That material is easy to work with [to cut], but it is firm enough to be used as a patch.

I'll show you what I mean.

Thanks Sanfrancisco, great suggestion with the videotape covers... i am going with that!

The electrical tape has worked fine really. I put it over the camera hole, and then put the battery cover on top. Now I can probably glue in a black circular cover on the battery cover to make this truly a long term solution! Thanks.

I have some of that video tape case material. I'll show you what I mean.

bophus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EI19DF

i would go the cut plastic route. electricaly tape, while it may work, could lead to an annoyance later by building security (they may ask you to remove the tape to prove there is no camera). and removing and replacing all the time would be a huge pain in the rear. carefully cut a thin piece of plastic to fi the hole, black if you can find it, and super glue it on the back. should work and look alright.

-bophus
    Cellular Customer Service = Useless

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Let me ask, do they actually ask to see the phone, to make sure it doesn't have a camera? I agree with sanfran, I indeed just deficated all over myself upon reading this...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

This was a one minute job, just to illustrate what I am talking about.

bophus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EI19DF

wow you actually had a a VHS tape case laying around....call the smithsonian, lol. looks good though.

-bophus
    Cellular Customer Service = Useless

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

San Fran never ceases to amaze me...he's a plethora of information and even has old video tape cases laying around...this thread is cracking me up...HAPPY FRIDAY!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast