ok so Tmobile now has the price of the 8100 on the net....199.99, 249.99 with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13

Question Price of 8100

Advertisement

ok so Tmobile now has the price of the 8100 on the net....199.99, 249.99 with out the mail in rebate.. however, that's with a two year extension.....when i first bought my 7105t 199.99 was the 2 year ext as well, but i got them to give me that price with only a 1 year ext.....

anyone think the 2 year ext is worth it? i hate that 2 year com. and from what i see Tmobile is really pushing the 2 year, so i don't know if i'll be able to get away with a 1 year at the same price this time around....give me some feed back......

thanks
    V

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Price of 8100

Well Tmo is the only provider that still offers the 1 yr. I say try dealing with retentions. They will do whatever they can to make you happy I honestly have no problem with 2 year but to each his own.
    Last edited by dasupaman23; 09-12-2006 at 03:20 PM.

tprime no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040d422

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Most of the carriers push 2 year it's not just Tmobile.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    T-mobile offers a 1 year, but usually it's more for the phone.

PIN/ID
    30505e13

man you guys are quick! lol

i know they still offer the 1 year, but i'm hoping that i can still negotiate with them i just don' know how willing they are to lower the price with a 1 year =)

i don't know why i have a problem with a 2 year plan lol maybe i have commitment issues lol

Gucci no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I'd rather not commit anymore time. I enjoy my freedom. lol But a year goes by quick, i'm still kicking my behind for not taking advantage of the $49 1500 minute plan they offered a year ago. It was short lived and i was tempted. Oh well..... I will have to ponder the 8100 pricing plan!!!

mrniko no está en línea Stack level 1

almost noone in tmo will give u a deal with a one year... i work for tmo and i know that deals are for two year commitments... no big secret, just sign the two year, its worth it... or if u dont want the two year then pay the one year price for the phone... and retentions (which is an old department, that really dont exist anymore) is all about 2 year also

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would like the freedom to upgrade yearly because I like to get a new phone yearly LOL I guess I can wait til December of next year.

PIN/ID
    30505e13

you know what i just came back from the mall and i just "happen" to pass by the tmobile store and they had the 8100......OMG!! that thing really is small! and now i'm totally rethinking the whole 2 year contract lol dude it's REALLY NICE! and the trackball, doesn't seem too bad!! i want it!! lol

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would like the freedom to upgrade yearly because I like to get a new phone yearly LOL I guess I can wait til December of next year.
    Erica,
    I wasnt eligible for an upgrade, and bought it for $249, and just didnt get the $50 mail in rebate. I'm also willing to bet if you use the line " I can get it from my corporate accounts for $199" They will sell it to you at $199. I used it when I got my 8700g and it worked fabulously =)
    But the only difference is the $50 mail in rebate. I bet you could sell $500 worth of accessories you have laying around from your own personal inventory on ebay lol
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

penk no está en línea Stack level 3

my tale of woe

called care to inquire about upgrade pricing, to lay the groundwork for a trip to a core store. "brandy" (a lovely gal) informed me that since i've been on my $59.99 Minutes & Mail plan for only a few months, that i'm not eligible for the MIR, although i can still purchase at the upgrade price of $249 with a 2 year contract extension.

all of that sounds quite reasonable, except for one fact: i am a former t-mobile employee.

my full upgrade eligibility is hindered by my previous rate plan (at employee discount pricing) being below the pre-set threshold. brandy even noted that it has been "30 months since my last upgrade" (which is in fact "never"), but that doesn't seem to matter.

overall i have no issue or qualm with the upgrade policy, but under this specific circumstance... i call shenanigans!