On searching for a way to delete the pre loaded media on my bb8100, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jonlee10490 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question PreLoaded Media

Advertisement

On searching for a way to delete the pre loaded media on my bb8100, I find out that wen searching for the shared files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion. i cannot locate that. i am also looking for a person to clearly explain what to do in deleting the preloaded media. i dont understand how to locate the javaloader and other things regarding to this topic

(3) Delete the .cod files with any themes (net_rim_theme_...) you don't use. BUT DO NOT DELETE THE ZEN THEME. By deleting the Cingular theme and the dimension icon theme I saved another MB.

(4) Delete the preloaded video, by deleting the .cod file: net_rim_bb_medialoader_video.cod. Savings = 2.4 MB.

(5) Delete the preloaded pictures by deleting the files: net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod and net_rim_bb_media_100_240x260.cod. Savings = 3.5 MB.

(6) Delete the preloaded ringtones by deleting the file: net_rim_bb_profiles_tunes_tunebundles_tunes8700g.c od. Savings = 280
    k.

i dont understand where to delete all of this. thxs for helping

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Here's a thread for the 8830, but the steps are basically the same for any device, just OS specific to whatever you're running on your 8100.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ree_space.html

yea i get that part but i dont even have this file

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (YOUR OS VERSION) \Java

ohh i also dont understand how to update my phones OS because i just downloaded the newest operating system n den deleted the vender.xml n den i plugged in my bb n nothing happens after opening Device Manager

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    That folder only exists after you have installed a new blackberry OS on your computer. You need to actually download an OS, install it on your pc, delete those files, then use the Desktop Manager to load the OS from your computer to the blackberry. MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY DOUBLE CLICK AND RUN THE OS FILE YOU DOWNLOADED!! I see a lot of people who just thought that by downloading the .exe file they were finished. No, you actually RUN that file from windows, it installs all the necessary BB files into the folders you are looking for, that way Desktop Manager can see them and install them to your phone.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jonlee10490 View Post
    ohh i also dont understand how to update my phones OS because i just downloaded the newest operating system n den deleted the vender.xml n den i plugged in my bb n nothing happens after opening Device Manager

Is the OS that you downloaded for your specific device? Remember, an 8300 OS can't go on an 8310 or 8320 and visa versa.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

So i just downloaded the OS 4.3 is it suppose to be a WinZip Self-Extractor. after installing this, i will delete those files then what??

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    After you delete those files, launch the Desktop Manager program. It should auto-detect the presence of an available OS when you launch the Application Loader. There may be further files you can choose to deselect during the upgrade process, and it will simply skip installation of the other junk you already removed. The result is a blackberry with a lot more free memory.

Right i did all that i still dont get those files