Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morning all even tho i have disabled the predictive next feature ... when i type ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

YORKIESI no está en línea Stack level 2

Predictive Text

Advertisement

Morning all
    even tho i have disabled the predictive next feature ... when i type an SMS or EMAIL, it still gives me options for the word.... can this also be disabled...

i just want to press a key and have that letter appear...

cheers
    Si

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Predictive Text

Try this:
    Options>
    SMS Text>
    Highlight "Disable Auto text">
    Hit Trackball>
    Change to yes

Give SureType a chance it learns as you go and can be alot faster than the way you are trying just my .02

To each his own.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

suretype is never disabled on my phone. the more you use it, the more it "learns" your typing. id be lost without it.

sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm a SureType text convert too. I thought I'd hate it and immediately disabled it when I got the Pearl. I'm really glad I gave it a second chance. I can knock out an email very quickly using it and the previous poster is right - the more you use it the more it "knows." The key is to not look at the screen when you're typing. Yes, edit before you send, but I've found after about a month of using SureType it's about 90% accurate.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Ditto the above. At first I was looking at the first letter and moving the cursor to the second one if it was wrong. Now I just go and it changes to the second one correctly. I was also adding the ' in works using symbols page, now I just add the "s" to that's and the ' appears on its own. I was also holding down the key for the first letter to capitalize it, but after a period that happens auto as well. I used to have T9 on my Moto and that was a horrible awful thing (and I could not turn it off either) SureType is great.

hecksome no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm trying to figure out how to remove a word from the Suretype list. Whenever I type "I'm" it thinks I meant "U'm", which is not quite as convenient as I'm. I must've done it once on accident and now it keeps doing it. I go back and fix it, but is there anyway to teach it to stop doing this immediately?
    Also, I know to hit alt and enter to switch input languages, but is there a shortcut to get it to do number lock or multitap lock? I did it when I first got the phone on accident and had to remove the battery to get it to go back to suretype.
    Thanks!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

I sell pearls everyday and have to agree w/ all of the above-the simplest way(if that's a word) is to not look @ the screen and edit b4 sending. I have helped start a Pearl Revolution up here in our neck of the woods with that advice and a little customer service!!! We all Love our suretype pearls!!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Helmut no está en línea Stack level 2

you can delete words in the "custom words list"
    Options--->custom wordlist----> click the menu button----> delete
    hope this helps

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

i've tried typing on the full keypad (curve) and i actually like the suretype style better.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is suretype only for curve? I have 8703e can I get it for my bb? If so where?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sure type is not for QWERTY devices. There is no choice for it to make with only one letter per key.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    i found myself doing the exact same thing, erasing back and forth, strugling with it. If I do as I say, write then edit, won't it teach it the mistakes that were made? Or dose it understand I edited a mistake?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

One additional comment, concerning the title of this thread. Sure Type, is not truly Predictive Text. It does not predict what word you want, based on two or three letters. It predicts which of two letters you want, based on the combination of the current key pressed and the previous letters typed. It is strictly reactive

Just a clarification.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

quick question which i assume relates to this:

How can i disable the automatic capitalization of the first letter of the first word in a sentence?

I do alot of shell commands by phone (MidpSSH) and since these are case sensitive i'd rather disable it.

The only thing i've found is to disable it per "AutoText" case within Options, and that seems a bit of an annoyance to go through and change all of them.

ElSean no está en línea Stack level 2

Random, but does anyone know if the CutomWord list is empty from the start. I was looking through mine and there is some in there that I just wonder how they got in, but I also have the feeling it is scanning my e-mails that I receive and adding words too, not just what I type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast