Hi, all, a couple of battery life questions: 1. Does it make sense to periodically ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

Power Saver Questions

Advertisement

Hi, all, a couple of battery life questions:
    1. Does it make sense to periodically fully run the battery down to zero? I have heard many different things about the LiIon batteries (I assume that is what Pearl uses).
    2. Does keeping bluetooth enabled even if my headset is shut off use much extra juice?
    3. Any other setting tweaks to increase battery life?
    Thanks as always,
    Bill

Lecter no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Power Saver Questions

Bluetooth sucks battery power like a vampire!

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

How about when bluetooth is on, but I don't have a bt device activated?

Lecter no está en línea Stack level 2

It'll still use energy since it's "looking" for something to connect to.

jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB

1. I have always heard that running down the battery completely is a good thing.
    2. A great way to save battery power is to shut down all programs running in the background. Often we have an application running then when we finish using it we press the red end call button to make the program disappear and return to the desktop. The program is still running, using your battery! Use the, what I call alt+tab function, (shift+back button). Press shift, hold it down, press back and let go of back while holdinh down shift. This will show a list of programs running just like on a windows based computer. Use the scroll wheel left and right to select programs. When you pull the programs up use the menu to select "close" or use the back button (sometimes several times) to fully close the program.

Note: These programs will show as always running and you cannot shut them down: browser, phone log, blackberry messenger, home screen, messages.

But at least be sure games are shut down, memo pad, anything else. Hope this helps.

Justin

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Great advice. I deleted the BB Messenger program because I do not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimms243
    1. I have always heard that running down the battery completely is a good thing.
    2. A great way to save battery power is to shut down all programs running in the background. Often we have an application running then when we finish using it we press the red end call button to make the program disappear and return to the desktop. The program is still running, using your battery! Use the, what I call alt+tab function, (shift+back button). Press shift, hold it down, press back and let go of back while holdinh down shift. This will show a list of programs running just like on a windows based computer. Use the scroll wheel left and right to select programs. When you pull the programs up use the menu to select "close" or use the back button (sometimes several times) to fully close the program.

Note: These programs will show as always running and you cannot shut them down: browser, phone log, blackberry messenger, home screen, messages.

But at least be sure games are shut down, memo pad, anything else. Hope this helps.

Justin

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A

Wow!
    You learn something new everyday!
    Hahaha! Thanks!

lightsoutlon no está en línea Stack level 2

Good stuff. Thanjks for sharing it.